Wednesday, September 06, 2006

New Music

With the kids off to school now I'm absolutely flummoxed as to what to talk about... The laundry, nah! The dishes, nah! The new cd's I purchased... Okay!

After watching the VMA's the other night and having previously seen these guys on MadTV and YouTube... I had to purchase the cd 'Oh No' by, 'Ok Go'!

Many years ago... Uh, make that Many, Many years ago when MTV was in its infancy my husband and I watched a video by a young dancer that went by the single moniker of 'Madonna'... At that time my husband turned to me and said, "You know, that girl is gonna make it BIG!"... I've never been good at predictions but it's apparent that my husband knew what he was talking about.... That said, I'd like to think that the group 'Ok Go' is headed for super stardom. In an era of mimics and whiners these guys have a fresh sound with great beat... There wasn't one song on the cd that I didn't find myself movin' along to... And with 13 songs, it's a bargain to boot!

The other cd I purchased I'd like to blame on 'Newlywed Girl'... It's all her fault that she MADE me listen to that 'Rascal Flatts' song, 'Bless The Broken Road'... So yes, I broke down and bought the cd 'Feels Like Today'.... I know, I know, boy band goes country... But I went to CMT's website and watched their videos and damn if I wasn't hooked like a 'Catfish in Grandpa's pond!'

Whilst standing in the Country music section I got almost misty when I found 'Marty Robbins, Gunfighter Ballads'... This music holds a special place in my heart because it takes me back to time spent with my dad... The early days, before the step-monster entered our lives... He'd put the record on the living room stereo and sing along with Marty while dancing a 5 yr. old (me) around the room in his arms... I'm listening while I type and feeling so pleased with my purchase.

Before I left the Country aisle I also found 'Ray Stevens - Box Set'... This was kind of an impulse buy because I'd been telling my kids recently about the music I used to listen to on the radio when I was a kid... KFI AM radio... Specifically, 'The Streak'... My step-sisters and I would always look forward to this particular song playing on the air. Since we're getting ready to go on vacation with our extended family and friends, I thought this cd would be a fun addition to those nights we'll be gathered together playing the family card game.

Best part about all of my purchases... I got 'em on sale!

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

If your hubby can call success stories early on, more power to him, because I find it almost impossible!

Andrew
To Love, Honor and Dismay

4:37 PM, September 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, we all knew your husband could pick a good winner! He is married to you. (-:

--M (As if You Care)

7:35 PM, September 06, 2006  
Blogger Carrie said...

Well I guess I could be blamed for worse... ;) I could turn you on to a few other country songs if you'd like...just let me know, though it does seem like you have your hands full at the time!

1:17 PM, September 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home