Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A Capital Idea!

We spent our Thanksgiving with my mother-in-law who lives quite close to Washington D.C.

For our anniversary my husband and I stole away to the Crystal City Marriott... Forgoing the car and travelling around by Metro. We spent a great deal of time seeing sights we hadn't visited in a while and did a LOT of walking... A great way to get rid of some of those extra holiday calories.

We had such a nice time that we decided to take the kids into the district on Sunday. It was a perfectly beautiful day and most of the tourists were already heading home at that point so it made it even more enjoyable.

Here are some pics of our trip that I wanted to share...



My daughter holds the Washington Monument in the palm of her hand... Oooo, Ahhh... If my husband and I hadn't already walked the mall all the way down to the Lincoln Memorial the day before we might've gotten a pic of either my son or daughter with the 'pencil' up their nose... Perspective photography, a fun way to amuse yourself and your friends.

We went to the National Botanical Gardens which left both my daughter and I wishing we had more of a green thumb... Mine is sadly a very dark shade of black... I found it astonishing, yet not too surprising that my daughter was able to find this little fellow amongst ALL of the flora and fauna.
My son came across this exhibit at the 'Hirschorn Museum' and we completely lost verbal communication with him for a period of time... He was in another world and later said, "It speaks to me!"... Again, not too surprised that 70 video monitors flashing bright colors would send him into a trance.
The new 'American Indian Museum' is a sight to behold... A beautiful sculptural addition to the mall with it's stunning stone facade and fountains surrounding it... However, you'll want to take a second mortgage out on your home should you decide to eat lunch there.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

terrific! i need to get back there. i'd love to see the new museum

10:13 AM, November 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home