Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Making my ears bleed...

Christmas Music, Holiday Tunes, Festive Melodies, Choirs singing of Good Tidings... I DO enjoy all of these.... However, I'm not fond of having to listen to Britney Spears moan about "All she wants for Christmas this year" while I'm trying to accomplish my grocery shopping. Nor do I wish to hear Bruce Springsteen's gutteral groans reminding me that "Santa Claus is comin' to town" while I pick out my fresh vegetables... I'd just like to get my food in peace!

The last thing I wish to be reminded of while trying to gather food for the week is the fact that I SHOULD be focusing my efforts on getting the chores that come along with Christmas fulfilled. I know, you'll say, "It's Christmas, a time to take joy in the season of love and giving." I agree whole heartedly! But, there are presents to buy (which means a lot of decision making, ugh!)... gifts to wrap & ship... baking to be done... cards to be written, addressed & mailed... decorations to be lugged out of crawl spaces and carefully displayed... And I'm sorry but Rosie O'Donnell & Cher crooning a holiday duet have the absolute opposite effect of calming my nerves... Frankly, the sound makes me want to throw canned peaches at the markets speaker system.

So today, here's to informing grocery store managers that holiday tunes aren't exactly soothing and letting the celebrities know that I'd like it a lot better if they'd just shut it!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger thethinker said...

I hate it how they start playing the Christmas tunes the second Thanksgiving is over.

5:39 PM, November 28, 2006  
Blogger lime said...

yep, i'm with you. give me bing crosby or nat king cole. the bruce springsteen version makes me want to scream like he is. and dominic the christmas donkey could make me homicidal.

i will say i do enjoy bare naked ladies singing the elf's lament though.

6:35 PM, November 28, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

Thinker, They started playing them 24 hours a day on the easy listening station here a week BEFORE Thanksgiving!

Lime, Dominic the Christmas donkey? say wha?... I've heard of 'Percy the puny pointsettia' but not Dominic... I guess that makes me culturally deprived and gratefully so.

I haven't heard the 'Elf's Lament' but I do love the BNL's 'If I had a million dollars'.

7:46 PM, November 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home