Monday, January 08, 2007

Scales?

Photo I took at the 'National Conservatory' in Washington, D.C.

Since the 'theme' of my daughters redecorated bedroom is 'Dragons', I'm seeing scales everywhere. My little girl, the one that when she exited my womb, I began to fantasize about the types of dolls (American Girl, Barbie, Madame Alexander) I would buy for her... This same little girl wants to surround herself with winged, fire breathing, scaley, giant lizards. Since there's nothing more important to me than self-expression, I've climbed aboard the 'Dragon-Train' and spent the last week painting all of the little delicate white shelves in my daughters room a deep, dark, black... My one request during this entire project was that we didn't end up with a room that expressed, "Hi, my name is S, and I'm SO Emo!... When we're done here would you like to take a trip to the mall and shop for some black finger nail polish at 'Hot Topic'?" I think we might've achieved a balance of elegant/fun in the room. I'll post some pictures after we get that damn bed on Friday... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

yep, that leaf is definitely a dragon in disguise!

11:29 AM, January 08, 2007  
Blogger EmBee said...

I know, cool texture huh!

3:29 PM, January 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home