Tuesday, January 09, 2007

There's a place for us...

Today my friend Lori and I went in search of a Group Home/Elder Care Mangement facility for her Mom, who is suffering from Alzheimer's and is rapidly advancing to the stage where she might be a danger to herself living alone.

All I can say is... I can't praise enough the people out there who provide this kind of care... And PUHLEEEZE let me hang on to my faculties long enough so that I'll never have to know what it's like to live in such a place.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

it is such a devastaing thing to watch a person disappear before your eyes. there's a strong history on my mom's side and i know it scares her to think she may fall victim to it.

10:13 PM, January 09, 2007  
Blogger EmBee said...

Yes Lime, it's terribly sad and frightening... My Grandmother had Alzheimer's and every time I walk into a room and wonder what the hell I was looking for I'm seized with the notion that it's coming for me too.

8:37 AM, January 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home