Monday, August 20, 2007

And then I just stuck my head in a hole and prayed to die...

Have I completed that office project yet?

No but until I fired up the iron today in order to press the curtains for the reception area window, I thought I could see the finish line. Then something along the lines of THIS happened:

Image shown, not actual curtain

I really couldn't add insult to injury by using my wonderful new camera to photograph such a heinous mistake. I did find it astounding thoug, how many times I'm capable of using the 'F-word' in one very long run-on sentence.

You see, while there have been many aspects of this job that have raked my self-esteem over the coals I'd have to say that this particular window treatment has been the bane of my existence. First, the curtain rod didn't fit because the excessive molding left no room for the brackets. The solution of which meant careful consideration and the eventual decision to notch out the molding (thanks, dear husband!)... Second, a miscalculation on length due to the rod needing to be placed higher than expected due to said molding and admittedly, mis-measurements, resulted in the drape panel being 8 freaking inches too short!... Third, a desperate search to find fabric to, if not match, at least compliment, an additional panel added to the drape (It only took 2 trips to the fabric store.) Lastly, begging one of the best friends and seamstresses I know to work her magic and using pay out of my own pocket to compensate her, I finally had the problem panels well in hand. That is until I hit the micro-fiber suede with the iron set on high for linen.

At this point there's only one thing I have to be grateful for... Well two actually... Enough material to sew another extension on to the curtain panel... AND A friend who's willing to sew it! While she's busy doing that I'll just be over here in my corner...




Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

ouch, very frustrating. thank goodness for good friends

10:35 AM, August 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you, my friend, still make me smile and laugh. Thank you for being you!

3:25 PM, August 22, 2007  
Blogger EmBee said...

And Linda my dear, that lovely comment almost makes the whole experience worth it! Thanks!

7:10 PM, August 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Margie - if we never screw up, we never progress.

Think of all the things you've learned from this hellish job that will be a breeze next time, because of this one.

You are the bomb, yo.

8:07 PM, August 29, 2007  
Blogger EmBee said...

Thanks Amy for the words of encouragement but I think it's going to take a bit more Alzheimer's settling in before I tackle another job.

7:57 AM, August 30, 2007  
Blogger Salvation Amy said...

HA!

12:16 PM, July 05, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Amy, All I can say is... Thank heaven your office didn't need window treatments.

2:53 PM, July 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home