Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Smitten by a 'Foodie'

While on vacation I happened to catch TLC's (new?) show 'Take home chef' featuring this hunky little number...
And ever since, I've been smitten... Oh c'mon, I'm WAY more mature than that... Smitten with the need to try something new in the kitchen... Once I got home I perused my latest issue of 'Cooking Light' magazine and found several new recipes to try. I'm just getting SO incredibly bored with the same old, same old and this little cutie Curtis Stone reminded me that being adventurous in the kitchen can be so much fun!

Last night I made 'Beer Chili'... I don't drink beer but my brother-in-law will be happy to know that there's a six-pack (minus one) of 12 oz. long neck Budweiser's currently residing in my fridge. Along side the chili I made a dish called 'Easy Corn Casserole'... I was hoping it might resemble something close to Spoonbread but sadly no.

Tonight I have a Roasted Chicken with Onion, Potatoes & Gravy in the works... A recipe by Chuck Williams, founder of Williams-Sonoma... When it's complete I'll charge each of my family members an outrageous fee just for the privilege of getting to eat it... Seems appropriate for anything regarding Williams-Sonoma. It's currently cooking in the electric roaster I got for Christmas last year (only the second time I've used it, even though I convinced my husband it was a must-have item... Shhhhh!) and it smells delicious!

For dessert I found a Bread Pudding recipe online that I'm giving a try. While on vacation I ordered Bread Pudding for dessert, following dinner at one of our favorite restaurants 'Mangos' at Bethany Beach. My son decided to give it a try... A HUGE surprise as I've never known him to look even remotely interested in something made with wet bread. However, after one spoonful my lovely dessert became somewhat diminished by my ravenous, Bread Puddin' lovin' boy. I guess I should be pleased that he saved me from all of those extra calories, but MAN, that was good stuff!

Tomorrow night it's back to simple and easy as I have to work 'til 6:00 at the studio... However, now that the days are growing milder, being in the kitchen isn't really too bad. Especially in a house that's all relaxed and quiet during the day.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

what time did you say dinner would be?

8:22 AM, September 19, 2007  
Blogger EmBee said...

C'mon Lime, No doubt you can Out-Cook me anyday!

10:22 AM, September 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home