Wednesday, December 05, 2007

When Holiday Efficiency DOESN'T Pay Off...

You know 'em, You hate 'em, You wish you were one of 'em...
Those irritating folks who manage all of their Christmas tasks sometime right after Thanksgiving. They say things like, "Oh, my shopping?, I finished it in July." ... or ... "I sent my Christmas cards out the day after Thanksgiving."... or ... "There were no lines at UPS when I shipped my packages last week." They say all of this with great arrogance and leave you feeling like the worlds worst procrastinator.

Today my friends... Today is the day the procrastinator can point their passive little index finger (or middle finger depending on your level of angst) at Mr. & Ms. Punctuality and say, "HA!" For today my ass-dragging little friends, as I drove across town, I came upon a UPS truck apparently the victim of a major engine failure as the entire front half of the van was completely melted off. Having extinguished the blaze at least a dozen firefighters were off-loading the charred remains of Mr. & Ms. P's productivity.

This is not to say I don't feel badly for the recipients of the toasted goodies which they sadly won't be receiving this year, but c'mon... It's only human to feel some sense of victory for my lethargy.

Note: No UPS men were injured in the events leading up to this post. However, there's one big brown truck that's headed for the scrap heap.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta tell you, Margie, I loved your post today and felt myself, inside my head, yelling a resounding "YES" at the possibility that an early bird, organized Christmas junkie got kicked in it's red and green butt!
Love it! I'm so with you on this lack of readiness stuff. What's up with that?

7:38 PM, December 05, 2007  
Blogger lime said...

procrastinators unite! whenever you get around to it.

8:30 AM, December 06, 2007  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

I just fell totally 100% head over heels in love with you for posting this little piece. I feel so vindicated now. I have not started my shopping. I have not started my baking. I don't even HAVE Christmas cards to send, and I have yet to start decorating my house. I am the ultimate procrastinator...
Stacie

12:36 AM, December 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home