Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Ode to a Dying Curling Iron (*and yes, I'm 43 yrs. old and I still use a curling iron!)

Yesterday there were no signs of your impending demise. You were one HOT rod!

Today, with the first curl I knew something was terribly wrong... No heat, but surely I turned you on?

Yet, as I carefully lifted you from the counter for closer inspection your light began to glow... Hope, glorious hope that all was well... Only to have you reveal that your light was sputtering and fading.

C'mon, not today... I have places to go, people to see!

I lay you down gently and your light flickers on... YES! One good curl... I gently lay you down again, turning your body gingerly so as to catch the blessed flicker... YES! Two good curls. We continue this dance, each time I finish a curl and allow your body to rest once more, you become more dim. I complete the much needed 5th and last curl before your light dims once more. I gently unplug you and cover your aged body with a hand towel (no not really, but I'm going with a theme here.)

Rest in peace dear curling iron.

Now I must add a trip to Wal-Mart into my travels today, so I can start up a whole new relationship... One with lots of bouncy ~~~~~~~curls!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

rest in peace.

7:09 PM, November 28, 2007  
Blogger Miss Awesome said...

haha, my curling iron died not too long ago, it was probably about 10 years old though. Luckily I don't use it much, but still, I was sad when I had to go to Wal-Mart and get another.

9:07 PM, November 28, 2007  
Blogger Whiskeymarie said...

I occasionally use a curling iron too, if that helps the situation.

9:23 PM, November 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home