Friday, January 11, 2008

Behind the Wheel

My son has decided he's ready to learn to drive. Maryland has adopted a pretty strict schedule for a teen to ultimately get a license. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good idea, it just requires a great deal of organization. There's a log book which needs to be kept up to date, detailing the time, the date, the length and what's been taught during each lesson. If we even remember where the book is, it's a minor miracle.

We were told that it's best he get 'some' instruction behind the wheel before signing up for a driving school course. Me, 'The Mom', somehow became the chosen source from which to drink, of the fathomless pool of driving knowledge, which I possess. So far it's going pretty well (the picture is just a joke folks), but there's one condition I've noticed during the process. That is, the more I concentrate on the things I do while I drive, the more difficult it is for me to actually DRIVE!? For instance, If I'm showing my son how to say, guide the car into a parking space or look over my shoulder and turn the wheel as I'm backing up, I tend to get confused. This is NEVER the case when I'm actually driving as my driving record will attest. And just so you know, I CAN walk and chew gum at the same time... Unless of course, I think about it too much.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

hey, if it's any consolation i bet if tiger woods thinks about his swing he screws it up.

12:40 PM, January 11, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Oh I get it... Tiger Woods + Driver... I see the connection. Thanks, Lime!

7:01 PM, January 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home