Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Like a discarded ladder in the fast lane - I'm trying to start a traffic jam

Today, Christy pointed the way to an interesting site...



"A site/blog started by Heather from Mindless Junque, and Tiffany from The Romero Diaries to help create a circle of mommy blogging supporters. If you send them three of your best posts, they will feature your blog to help you get more traffic."

You see, I'm finally willing to admit...
(Side note to husband... Yes dear, I'm coming clean)
That I am indeed addicted to blogging. I'm also freely willing to admit that I can and will do whatever I can to expose the world to my blogging, bloggery abilities of blogishness.*

I don't really consider myself a 'Mommy Blogger' per se. I haven't thought of myself as a 'Mommy Anything' for quite a long while... C'mon, with kids the ages 15 and 18, I'm just 'Mom' and sometimes just 'Hey!' So that's it, maybe that's what I'll call myself... 'Margie, the Hey-Mom Blogger of The Paper Treehouse'

To my loyal readers, all 3,4,5 of you... How many are there of you now? Raise your hand and be counted! If you're interested in connecting to more incredible bloggers I urge you to check out SITS.


*Yes I intended for that line to infer I know a wee bit more than squat, about that which is known as 'blogging'.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Whiskeymarie said...

Here!

10:17 AM, June 05, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Thanks WM, it only took me about 5 min. to figure out the meaning of your comment... I'm quick like that... Really QUICK!

So Okay, WM's here... Who else? Anybody, Anybody???

11:53 AM, June 05, 2008  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I just read your comment on John Deere's mom post about the walk-a-than and was laughing so hard about it I had to come see you.

Then, I see your profile and we love (and hate) the same books! Except I am a Twilight junkie.

The fact the you included "She's Come Undone" as a book you hate is killing me.. I DESPISED it.. Oprah so led us the wrong way with that one.

Thanks for posting your SITS button, you just got 2 additional contest entries!

12:58 PM, June 05, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Oh no, it is I who must Thank-You mrs. romero... I have had such fun the last couple of days reading through your stellar group of bloggers. OF course there are things I 'should' be getting done, but this is just so much more fun!
:-)

1:48 PM, June 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, I'm new, can I still be a regular? I'm so with you about the end of the school year. Luckily, I get to go to work and get out of the house for a while. They wake up just about the time I get home, starving for breakfast and attention. Let me know if you actually get your two to clean up after themselves, feed themselves, etc. I'd like to think there is something to look forward to. tomorrows the last day, a nice waterfight, and come on September!

Yvonne

6:21 PM, June 05, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Hi Yvonne, Of course you can be a regular... Pull up a seat and stay awhile. :-)

You said:
"They wake up just about the time I get home, starving for breakfast and attention."

Where do you work?... And why aren't they waiting on you? Wait, don't answer that, it's all too clear!

And hey, my kids are going to be engaging in a school-wide water fight tomorrow also... Of course there's only 31 kids at their school, but it's a rip roaring last day none-the-less.

How old are yours? Kids I mean... And I believe you can look forward to future postings as to the impression my 'letter' makes on my kids this summer!

6:55 PM, June 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club of blogger addicts...maybe we should start our own 12 step program?

10:56 AM, June 06, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Oh Christy, it's gonna take more than that... It's gonna take a full out intervention!

1:20 PM, June 06, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I am slowly becoming addicted...
*drooling like Homer Simpson over a donut*
But there are so many awesome women out there writing blogs! Who knew? I followed someone here after all the hub-bub about the New School in the News Journal. Hi Margie! My 2 boys go there too. Kenny & Noah? So we've met, sketti dinners and the North Winds, and many more functions to come! I've also been over to Salvation Amy and have followed your blog roll and suggested sites, and I'm having a ball. Thanks.

5:18 PM, June 06, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Hi Kenny & Noah's Mom (wishing I could remember your first name, but am so bad with names it's downright embarrassing!)... I KNOW YOU! :-)

About this blogging thing... I see it as a practice in 'READING' and 'READING' is 'GOOD'! Therefore, sitting on my ever widening backside 'READING' means I'm being constructive and broadening my scope to a bigger world outside myself.

I know, sounds profound but the bottom line... It's an addiction!

6:36 PM, June 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home