Tuesday, June 03, 2008

It's Always Something...

Following the week that left me vowing I would NEVER eat 'Chicken-on-a-stick' EVER AGAIN! I made the commitment to climb back on that proverbial wagon known as 'Diet & Exercise'...

Watching what I eat is going very well, probably because my stomach shrank following its week long
purge. Exercise... Not so much.

I started walking again and I don't know, maybe it's because I've been wearing sandals a lot lately or perhaps my 'Nike's' have lost all their support but my feet are killing me! When I try to walk it feels as though my ankles are just going to snap! I'm cursed with high arches so walking around barefoot or in shoes without support can result in a wicked 'Charlie-horse' across the top of my foot. The pain I'm currently experiencing however is a whole new affair. I made it a mile this morning and had to quit. I hobbled the rest of the way home and am now gingerly making my way around the house, clutching walls and considering one of these:



















I know I need to hit DSW for some new kicks but I'd better wait 'til I can heel-toe my way around, in order to make sure whatever I try on fits properly.

These are cool, but I know I'd better find something with far more support:



























The shoe, the stilettos and the Adidas sneakers you see in the gallery are all trompel’oeil paintings applied directly to the feet by a company named Temptu Paints. The New York City-based company specializes in airbrush make-up, temporary tattoos, body art and special effects makeup. The company, which does extensive work for Hollywood movies, TV shows, commercials, and the fashion industry, has a very impressive portfolio. The work you see in the gallery was commissioned by New York Magazine for a recent article.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

those pictures really made me do a double take!

birkenstocks...i love birkenstocks. lots of support but you still feel almost barefooted.

2:40 PM, June 03, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

The last time I tried birkenstocks they didn't have a high enough arch. :-(

4:02 PM, June 03, 2008  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Margee...I was going to say Birks too, but I see you already have and they didn't work out for you. I have TONS of foot problems, and my DR actually told me to get Birks..the first pair I got didn't work out for me, they were a full shoe and I have achilles tendonitis and the backs rubbed that tendon, so I went back and got slip ons and love them. If your problem is arch support though, try TRIADS slip in arch supports..I've tried dozens of different arch supports from the stores and they all wear out too quickly adn don't really work but these, I swear by them! They're a bit pricey for an arch support you have to slip in, but well worth it..I want to say they run $15-$17 Sometimes they're hard to find so I buy a couple of pairs at a time when I find them, but they last at least a year or more. I swear by them! Also, I tried Dr. Scholl open back tennis shoes last year from DSW and I don't even need my triads in them. LOVE THEM. Now that I'm running I wear a closed back running shoe...and so far, they don't bother my achilles, but I ONLY wear them when I work out so I'm only wearing them 1-2 hours per day. They're Nike Air Pegasus running shoes, but if you don't run, then you're better off with a walking shoe. Heel spurs are another problem I have, but none of the shoes mentioned aggravate my spurs..of course I have to do special stretches for it every day so there's that....

Good luck, I hope you find a shoe that works. I seriously almost just gave up and resinged myself to a life of pain, but this last year or two I've done very well with the shoes I have and even wear sandals off and on now, though not for long periods of time..a couple of days and then shoes again. I don't want to push my luck...LOL
Stacie

7:26 PM, June 03, 2008  
Blogger Miss Awesome said...

Now those are supercool!

11:37 AM, June 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home