Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Feel Pretty?

In a rush this morning... Heading down to Virginia for an overnight with my kids.

My daughter wants to start wearing make-up. Our faces are very different. I've tried helping her with eye make-up before but I just didn't know what to do... Still not sure I've got it right when I put my own make-up on.


So I decided she should learn from a professional. I considered taking her to the local M.A.C. store at the mall but after looking at their website I decided the 'Super-Slut' look just wasn't her style and thought she might look nicer with something more age appropriate. My mother-in-law has been visiting the ladies at Merle Norman for years and that's where we're headed for a make-over today and dinner out together tonight.

I'll be back tomorrow. Quite sure I'll have plenty of blogger fodder.


M.A.C. Style
Vs.
Merle Normal Style

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love make-up! Although, I don't wear it every day anymore--no time! MAC is great for drag queens (and those like myself who wish to be drag queens or maybe were in another life.) But you're smart to stick w/the au naturale look. Have fun!

10:26 AM, July 24, 2008  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

When I started wearing makeup, my mom took me to Merle Normans. It was the best experience ever and to this day I love to go get a makeup consult though these days I more often go to Clinique because some places I move don't have Merle's In fact I was shocked you said there's one in VA, I'm going to have to look it up online because theirs is the ONLY mascara I'm NOT allergic to adn I usually have to stock up when I go to Michigan or order it online.

How did it go? Did she love it? Did they treat her right? I hope it was fun for both of you. Clinique is a good place to go too, sometimes the other places like Estee Lauder get a little too "painted" looking for my taste..plus I'm allergic..

Hope you guys had fun.
Stacie

7:33 AM, July 25, 2008  
Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I LOL'd at your comments!

3:16 PM, July 25, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Hi Christy and yes, I get the feeling MAC is not our style, never been in the store, I've just got an inkling.

Stacie, The store we went to is in Vienna (such a cute little town but very congested) on the main drag, which I think is Nutley? Also, I'm preparing a post regarding the results of our visit to the make-up shop.

Melissa, the pleasure was all mine!

8:01 PM, July 26, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

eeesh, i have to agree with your assessment of MAC vs merle norman. i think probably the makeup counter at a department store would also be a good place.

8:02 PM, July 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home