Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I Even Cleaned Out The Fridge!

Why I ask you am I sitting here typing right now? I have family arriving at my house in less than 48 hours and my TO DO List is miles long.

We're all attending a massive gathering of 'The Anderson's' (my husband's mother's extended family) in Northern New Jersey this weekend for a 3 day Reunion Extravaganza! The 'Anderson Family Reunion' takes place every 4 years, always on an election year so we all have something to argue over.

So every 4 years since 1982, I get to hear the story of how Uncle Jack sat one August night on the shore of Horse Neck Beach in Cape Cod, with whistle in hand and issued the 'Buddy System' to his charges (sons, daughters, nieces & nephews). Instructing them all to find their buddy as soon as the whistle blew and yell "HERE!" You all see where this is going? Of course the first time Uncle Jack blew the whistle everyone dove under the water... And that was the beginning and the end of Uncle Jack's 'Buddy System'. Sadly, this will be the first reunion without Uncle Jack so the telling might be just that much more poignant.

Anyway, I digress...

So, of course I need to get the house cleaned from top to bottom and yet I sit here and blog... Because quite frankly, what's more fun, scouring out toilets and washing bed sheets or fielding comments from my adoring fan(s)?

So I guess I'm off to make the house sparkle and did I mention? I even cleaned out the refrigerator! Because, you know it's fun to do, at least every 4 years whether it needs it or not.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

lol, a family full of smart alecs huh? sounds like a fun bunch though. sorry to hear uncle is no longer with you but i hope it's a wonderful time nonetheless.

9:27 AM, July 08, 2008  
Blogger scargosun said...

Cleaning the fridge out is a pain but I nearly have an orgasm at the sight of a clean fridge.

3:18 PM, July 08, 2008  
Blogger kiddiesandkitties said...

ok, I don't get it, if the reunion is in Northern New Jersey, why do you have to clean YOUR house?

4:19 PM, July 08, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Lime, you know it! I used to be the serious sort... However, after 25 yrs. around this family I just ooze sarcasm.

Scargosun... Um, you're not the only one... *opening fridge again to peer in* Oooooo-ahhhhhh!

Dear kiddie&kitties... I KNOW!!! But you see, we are a half-way point for some family members. Others are flying into Baltimore in order to allow more time spent with the 'half-way people'... One of the family members arriving Thursday is a crawling baby, which means it's imperative my floors are spotless, even though I let my own children roll around in dog hair when they were tykes. :-D

4:27 PM, July 08, 2008  
Blogger Rosemary Q said...

My maiden name was Anderson, and my mom was born in New Jersey. We are the West Coast Anderson's and have a family reunion every hundred years or so.

The only reunion we have had in this Century was put together by a step-son in the family.

I think the East Coast Anderson's might be a little more fun:-)

10:21 PM, July 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home