Thursday, September 04, 2008

Another Day Later... Another Day Sicker...

Yesterday I woke with the tell-tale stuffy head, aching ears, sore throat and stiff neck I come down with every year at this time... It's the Sinus Infection illness that spirals downward into Bronchitis month! It's like freakin' Halloween, it shows up every year despite my wishes that it never existed (did I mention I hate Halloween, No?... well, that's a blog post for another day.)

So when you wake up with symptoms that the plague is ready to descend what do you do? Well, you call the doctor of course! So that's what I did and you know what? Even though I called at the stroke of 9:00am, I was offered an appointment for 2:45 TOMORROW!!! Say Wha? "You have nothing available TODAY... Can't you just call something in for me?" "No, you say?... The doctor HAS to see me?"

So here I am, a day later and a day sicker... The razor-blades scraping the base of my throat awakened me at 5:00am and I can't tell if it's menopause or fever that's got me breaking out in sweat.... Uh sorry, I mean a dewy perspiration, every 10 min. or so.

Can I just say how much I ADORE going to the doctors office to be robbed of my co-pay, plop down for a 20 min. waiting room sit, a weigh in, another sit in the exam room, a quick glance in my ears and a look down my throat, just so I can tell the doctor I've got the same creeping crud I get every year. She'll then write me a prescription, I'll drag myself to the pharmacy and have to wait another 24 hours for the drugs to take affect.

Now I certainly wouldn't want to deprive the doctor of looking in my ears, 'cause dammit, they're gorgeous, who wouldn't want to get a look at these precious semi-circle orbs of perfection. But c'mon, is it really necessary to make me wait an extra day to get an antibiotic started on beating out the evil cells of darkness waging war on my system?

It's my ears, she's just GOT to see my ears... I know it, they really are that AWESOME!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger leezee52 said...

Hi,
I get a cold every change of season...it's weird.

Thanks so much for visiting me on my special day…I could hardly sleep last night I was so excited!

Lee :)

2:00 PM, September 04, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Hi Leezee, Kudos to you for your immediate response on your SITS day... I STILL haven't found time to thank everyone for their comments.
YOU ROCK!
:-)

3:21 PM, September 04, 2008  
Blogger scargosun said...

I am staving off the late summer/fall illness. I am winning so far which is a new thing.

10:20 PM, September 04, 2008  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

oh geez..i HATE that! I hope you're well soon...I always wonder why they can't just give me the drugs nwo and look at my ears later..(or whatever) this happens to me all the time just to go in to hear "you have strep" DUHHHH! Tell me something I DON'T know! I told YOU I have strep..that'll be $50 please...do you want me to write my own script too or you got that covered?
I'm kinda testy when I'm sick...

get well soon!
Stacie

7:42 AM, September 05, 2008  
Blogger Nik said...

ROFL - yeah it's the ears. I have a son whose EVERY single cold turns into a sinus infection. Thankfully during cold season, they will call something in for me.

I hope you get to feeling better!

8:41 AM, September 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better Margie! I get sinus infections every year too--a few of them in fact. It sucks. :(

8:42 AM, September 05, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

My symptoms are actually a bi-annual event... Every Spring & Fall... Starts with the sinus cavity and end up in my bronchial cavity. I am hopeful I got to the doctor in time as it seems the antibiotics are doing their job!
Yay me!

2:09 PM, September 05, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

ack, my daughter just had that same crud. sick as a dog. hope you and your fabulous ears are feeling better soon.

8:59 PM, September 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home