Wednesday, September 03, 2008

He doesn't know what morning looks like...

Conversation over the breakfast table this morning.

Son (looking at watch): "Wow, we're missing a good portion of the 'All School Meeting' at school today."

Me: "Why, what time does it start?"

Daughter: "The meeting begins at either 11:00 or 12:00, I'm not sure."

Son (looking at watch again): "Yeah, but it's 1:24... Right now!

Me (looking at son quizzically) : "No it's not, it's 9-o'clock in the morning!"

Son: "It is?... But my watch says, 1:24.... Ooooohhhhh, AM!..... Hey, what's wrong with my watch?"

Me (rolling eyes): "Your battery must've died... But seriously, you can't tell the difference between 9 am and 1 pm?... You really DON'T know what morning looks like, Do You?"

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is hysterical! Sadly, I can so relate to him!

3:46 PM, September 03, 2008  
Blogger scargosun said...

Welcome to the digital age.

3:55 PM, September 03, 2008  
Blogger santamaker said...

Maybe you shouldn't have fixed the watch...this way he'd get up at 8 and think its noon!
Oh, girrrl, you gotta come over to my little nerdy, pitiful blog.....I made it SNOW !! I feel like a freakin' genius!

4:30 PM, September 03, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

LOL that's just sad!

9:00 PM, September 03, 2008  
Blogger Jenni said...

That is too funny. I sometimes wish I didn't know what morning looked like. Sleeping in sounds lovely. Thanks for visiting today.

11:39 PM, September 03, 2008  
Blogger Blog Stalker said...

Oh that is hilarious! Took a nap once (will treasure that opportunity always) woke up to work cell ringing and I was like, who the heck is calling me at 2 in the morning? I was pissed! Took me about 2 minutes to orient myself with what time it was. lol
(my room does not allow outside light in by the way. Its great when you need to sleep, no matter the time of day.

8:50 AM, September 04, 2008  
Blogger Cristin said...

That is too funny...I think maybe males are genetically time challenged... I know my husband is..

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

9:01 AM, September 04, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Christy, I think it's mostly sad.

Scar, It's more like welcome to adult adolescence.

Santa, The watch battery is dying a slow death... He's the one who will need to cure it with a new battery... And YES, Freakin' Genius!!!

Lime, Exactly what I told Christy!

Jenni, yes, I agree, sleeping in IS lovely... Sleeping 'til 3:00pm is just vagrancy.

Blog-stalker, a dark room sounds nice... My son sleeps with the light on, so it's always daylight in his room.

Cristin, I know our particular male is.

9:57 AM, September 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home