Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Sweet Jesus, I'm Completely Alone!

My husband is working at the office today and the kids are back to school.

The ONLY things stirring in the house right now are the dog (eating her breakfast) and the tappity-tap-tap of the keyboard as I sit blissfully alone, typing away.

Things I should be doing right now:
1. Start a load of laundry.
2. Empty the dishwasher and load dirty breakfast dishes in the sink.

3. Vacuum (Good Heavens, how desperate the carpeting looks right now, in EVERY damn room of the house.)
4. Pick up all of everyone's 'crap' that's been left behind on every flat surface in the house.
5. Math & Reading homework (Aristotle, you'd be so much more palatable if you wrote like Erma Bombeck.)

Things I'd like to do instead:
1. Poke around the internet and read a few blogs.
2. Make myself a second cup of tea.
3. Call 'Atlanta Rose' and gleefully discuss my upcoming visit to 'Hot-Lanta'

4. Head down to the studio and 'Create'
5. Take a nap

With so many options available, this really is an 'Anything Can Happen Day'.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm right there with you Margie! I have the same exact things on my To-Do list (just substitute the HW for writing time.) But here I am on the computer...if only the house cleaning fairy would pay us a visit today...

10:04 AM, September 02, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Hi Christy,

No house cleaning fairy in site... Just Ol' drippin' with sweat, menopausal, vacuumin' up a storm, ME!

That damned fairy, can't count on her for ANYTHING!
>:-(

11:37 AM, September 02, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

it's obscene. i had 2 loads of laundry on the washline and a clean kitchen by 8am. by noon i had a ceiling painted. now i am kicking back because i don't want to get used to this level of productivity.

12:33 PM, September 02, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

My dear Lime, I bow down to your industriousness. But I must brag of my own accomplishments however small. I have folded a load of laundry, started a new one, took care of the dishes and vacuumed the first floor of the house... Painting however, is not on my radar... YOU ROCK!

12:46 PM, September 02, 2008  
Blogger Katy said...

Oh, have fun on the first day of school. You've got another 181 days to do work-type-stuff while they're at school.

Mimosas are really good after you've seen the young'uns off to the bus stop...

1:45 PM, September 02, 2008  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

LOL That could be a conversation in my house with my youngest. The boy is used to sleeping in until mid to late afternoon...LOL too funny
Stacie

9:13 PM, September 03, 2008  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

wow...don't know how that happened, but I totally commented on the wrong post here. I was catching up with your blog after my long weekend and misplaced my comments..sorry 'bout that.

Stacie

7:45 AM, September 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home