Monday, September 08, 2008

Hanna, we hardly knew ya.


Okay, so you've gotta love a beach house with wi/fi. You've also gotta love a hurricane which downgrades itself to a tropical storm in anticipation of your beach vacation arrival. Yes, there were some high winds but we had a lot of fun on the boardwalk, admiring the storm and leaning into the whipping wind and biting rain. It was also amazing to see first hand the power of the storm on the sea. I seriously wanted to take pictures but didn't want to risk my camera to all that precipitation.

Today I made the short walk to the book store and am now prepared to sit myself down, make myself comfortable and read to my hearts content. Lucky, lucky me!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

Glad you're ok. I can tell my worry-meter to stand down.

Enjoy the vay-cay!

1:42 PM, September 08, 2008  
Blogger Sheri said...

So glad Hanna was nice to you! Just looked and Ike is headed straight for my parents in Houston. They're already making plans to evacuate. Dang that Gulf!

2:21 PM, September 08, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Hi Katy and thanks... Now you can turn your worry meter towards Sheri.

Hey Sheri, Hoping your parents endure nothing more than the tropical fun we enjoyed.

6:28 PM, September 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A hurricane on your vacation?! I guess I shouldn't complain that it rained 4 days out of 8 on mine back in August! I hope you get some decent weather--and thank God for bookstores, huh?

9:10 PM, September 08, 2008  
Blogger WheresMyAngels said...

Glad it didn't spoil your fun!

12:35 AM, September 09, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

a stack of books and no real interruptions definitely qualifies as a vacation.

7:58 AM, September 09, 2008  
Blogger santamaker said...

How fun, Embee! A good rain on the beach is always interesting, as long as there's no danger of being struck by lightning! Be safe and enjoy the week!

8:04 AM, September 09, 2008  
Blogger Crazy Momma said...

Glad you were able to avoid Hanna! She hit us...although it was just rain (but lots of it).

Thank you for stopping by my blog and sharing some SITS girl love today!

7:10 PM, September 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home