Thursday, December 04, 2008

In honor of my NEXT 500 blog posts...

I can hardly believe it but THIS is my 501st post!!! (my thanks to my boy for noticing... I'm not much on catching on to the intricacies of all this here bloggin' stuff!)

Anyway, in honor of all the amazing and informative text I've shared with you over the past 500 posts... Everything from 'When the men buy the pants' to my sons possible need to 'Go Commando'.... I'm proud to announce myself as the recipient of not just one but TWO awards.

Behold my awesomeness...

This award bestowed upon me by that nature lovin', marathon runnin', attitude dishin' Stacie. She's my gal to the nearby south, who I'd like to confirm, I'd absolutely love to meet face-to-face and do a lunch/craft store thing (or even better a photo safari in D.C.) before she's up, up and away with her husband to their next tour of duty. Thanks so much Stace and here's a little extra scribble for you ~~~~

But wait, here's my second 'Fabulous' award:


This one from that Belle from the south She loves decorating AND she's a sometimes scrapbooker which means she plays with paper, so I just gotta love her! Thanks Belle and in the interest of following through with the rules of a Fabulous Blogger, here is a list of 5 of my addictions:
  1. Oatmeal with Cinnamon & Splenda brown sugar. I eat it every day except Sunday's, that's when my husband makes pancakes. Should I be referring to oatmeal as an addiction? Yes, because nothing else leaves me satisfied as a breakfast meal and sometimes dinner too!
  2. Ribbon... I LOVE ribbon, be it wired, grossgrain, satin or florist... It's my ultimate wish to own every style, every pattern and every color... Ribbon just makes me happy and it makes me a complete and total dork, I know.
  3. Since the title of this blog IS 'The Paper Treehouse' I guess it's a given that I LOVE paper... I have stacks and stacks of it in my studio... Addiction? well, I can't mainline it, but it's pretty much a staple in my creative life.
  4. Okay, I'm embarressed to admit this but *hanging head to avoid the dis-satisfied glares, fingers pointing at me, and all the tsk-tsking*... I'm addicted to solitaire. My son has tried to get me to play other games, minesweep, spider, scrabble, you name it. Anything to get me to stop that annoying mouse clicking. I always play draw one, vegas style. I've won thousands and lost millions. Why do I indulge in this monumentous time waster? It's what I do when I'm avoiding something I don't really want to do ie. housework, homework, you name it.
  5. Photography blogs... If I spent as much time taking pictures as I did looking at pictures people take? Well, for one I'd be begging for a better camera and two, the probability is I'd just be taking a truck load of crappy pictures... I really should however, work harder at trying to understand exactly how a camera works. Maybe that's when I'll achieve photography blog worthy photos.
So yeah, I'm sure you were expecting something a little more Addiction worthy, but it doesn't take 500 blog posts to come to the conclusion, I'm NO Courtney Love and I'm certainly NO Amy Winehouse. I'm just your plain ol' run of the mill, oatmeal chuggin' goody-goody. Hope I didn't disappoint anyone.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woot! Woot! Congrats to you! I don't think oatmeal can technically count as an addiction, though...LOL!

7:23 AM, December 04, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

woohoo!!! happy 501st. if i had a pair of 501 jeans i'd don them in your honor.

and as to the post below, does the reminder help the boy get out of bed?

10:15 AM, December 04, 2008  
Blogger Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Happy 501!

8:42 PM, December 04, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Hi Christy and thanks... Regarding the oatmeal, in my case, maybe it is, but it's not like I'm snorting it or anything that absurd.
:-)

So Lime, does this make me like a geriatric blogger? heh, 501's... I used to have a crush on a guy in high school who wore only 501 jeans... He could fill out the seat of those jeans like a greek god. *sigh*... Sorry, lost in a memory for a moment there.
:-)

Hey Belle, thanks so much!
:-)

10:07 PM, December 04, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Oh and Lime... I guess the reminders working because he's been doing a pretty good job of getting up and moving in the morning.

Yay Clie!
:-)

10:08 PM, December 04, 2008  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Congrats on 500 (plus one) blogposts! I didn't know splenda made a brown sugar, I'm soooo goign to check that out. I made an entire apple pie this year with splenda, it turned out...wait for it....wait for it....



Splendid!

HA! I slay me! Splendid! roflmao! heheheh..

Ok, now I'm going to make myself a bowl of oatmeal. I love the stuff but haven't had any in quite some time!

Stacie

9:01 AM, December 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home