Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The 'String' Around His Finger

My son has a CLIÉ (pronounced "KLEE-AY") otherwise known as a PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) which he carries around to remind him of things like, "Hey, time to wake up!" or "It's Wednesday, did you take out the trash yet?"

No wait, he just showed me exactly what he has programmed... This is today's reminder list:

8:25 WAKE UP ZAK
8:30
8:35 No, Really, Wake Up!!!!!!!!!*
10:30 talk to M about job stuff.**
2:00 Cleaning Time***
6:30 Do some laundry or go commando... Your Choice.****
7:00 Time Warp*****
8:00 Take Out Trash******

*Yes, I guess he does need to admonish himself to get out of bed.
**Maybe this means he's showing some interest in getting a job?
***TNS has an all school clean up hour, each student has a partner and as a team they're assigned an area to clean. If somebody leaves an ungodly mess in the area someone else has to clean, there's a very good chance they'll get written up for it and probably sentenced to clean even more ungodly messes. One can also be written up if they neglect clean up time, thus the reason for the reminder.
****I sure hope he chooses to do the laundry. (No commando this week, the washers running.)
*****New favorite show.
******Out to the curb Zak, out to the curb.

The boy cracks me up!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

At least he's keeping track of things. My kids all get an agenda for school to keep track of assignments and other important events in their lives and do they write anything in them? Nooooooo. I'm looking to sell all three of them to the gypsies.

Who am I kidding, I'll have to pay the gypsies to take them.

So what's your secret?

10:11 PM, December 03, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Secret Katy? Are you kidding me? I didn't think it was an asset to have a child who had to remind himself via PDA, he needed clean underwear.
:-)

11:40 PM, December 03, 2008  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

oh this cracked me up! Your son writes notes to himself like I do...too funny!

I had a one of those gizmo's by the same name but it died. I wish I had another one...it's on my wish list for this year, but I want a new lens for my camera more so I'll probably have to stick to postit notes for a while more! LOL
Stacie

8:58 AM, December 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home