Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Notes & Lists

I am fabulously* busy...

*Fabulously? yes, because I'm doing a bunch of things I love and when I'm doing that, it makes even the mundane things seem like fun... A sort of, how much can I achieve in one day, "Yay Me!" kind of feeling.

So as not to let these days go by so quickly that I won't remember them later, I figured I'd jot a few notes and lists down here in the ol' blog. So you might want to stand back as I empty the contents of my brain synapses all over this page.

I'm in the shop! (again, "Yay Me!") and while the first day just had a couple looky loo's and I tossed an entire pot of coffee, yesterday was VERY busy! Didn't wrap any gifts yet BUT another couple joined the co-op and now we're going to be selling desserts... Ya, DESSERTS!!! How does Raspberry Chambourd Bread Pudding sound? OR Pumpkin Flan? Rice Pudding? Now there will be samples of yummy desserts to go along with the coffee while people wait to have all those gifts wrapped!

While I wait for the throngs of people to show up with their unwrapped presents, I've been working on getting my Christmas cards made... I thought yesterday was going to be the perfect day to get all the envelopes done but Mr. Gulick (a photographer and other member of the co-op) showed up (he loves sharing stories of the pictures he's taken.) Then the newest members Fred & Mindy came by with the head of the Alliance, Mary-Jo and then there was all kinds of discussion about the selling of desserts. It made me feel so Co-Shop-Owner'ish, and let's hear another "Yay Me!" Then there were the two Linda's that stopped by who I worked with last year on the 'Festival of Trees' project. They purchased some desserts while they were there, having not even tasted them yet and I have a hunch they'll be back at some point to have something wrapped. I hope to get the envelopes done today AFTER I do a little sweeping and table moving to make space for the desserts!

Yesterday morning also had me running the boy child to the doctor. Last Tuesday he complained of pain in his chest upon waking. After the collapsed lung incidents, I wasn't taking any chances and called the doctor. Of course we were planning on leaving town that very night AND I had to get the shop loaded BEFORE we left. But instead I spent the majority of the day at the hospital waiting for a stat lung x-ray. Turns out the x-ray showed no signs of lung problems but we followed up with the thoracic surgeon yesterday just to be certain. Thankfully all is well and we got a chuckle out of the awkward moment when my son after shaking the doctors hand went in for a hug. My son said later, "Yeah, he looked surprised, but in the end, I think he like it." We laughed all the way back to school because we were both so relieved.

My daughter has to have 4 teeth pulled on the 19th of December and I've got to make sure to call our dental insurance company to find out if we need to take out a second mortgage on the house. She plans to be put under anesthesia which alone costs a cool $450.

Oh, and my daughter and I have a family photo shoot on Saturday. We're photographing my friend Carrie, her family and her dogs. She's let me borrow her really scary, super cool, SLR camera and I'm supposed to be spending this week learning how to use it. Um, yeah. Daytime is too busy around here and nighttime is too dark... Pictures never look very good with artifical light. This could end up being a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants venture.

Sunday we're supposed to decorate the house, attend a tea-party next door AND the kids want to throw a Christmas Caroling Party at some point this month.

Whew!
Gotta run!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes being busy is a wonderful feeling. It spurs all sorts of creative energy. Good luck with your photo shoot Saturday!

9:33 AM, December 03, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

wow! that is a long list of activities both planned and spontaneous! glad to hear the boy child is ok though. i can certainly understand your concerns.

10:04 AM, December 03, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Hi Jen, You are so right about that busy wonderful feeling and thanks for the good wishes.

Hey Lime, I forgot to mention I'm also scheduled for a neighborhood watch for tonight and Friday evening. And yeah, the doctor seemed to understand my need to know also.

9:06 PM, December 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home