Monday, December 08, 2008

A Little Visit Down Main St.

Woo Hoo!

Um, excuse me... I was just celebrating. I wrapped my first gifts today and made a cool $26... Yeah, I know... but c'mon, it's a start... To celebrate I'm takin' the family out to Arby's tomorrow night, MMmmmm, Hmmmm, that's what I'm talkin' about! All in all I think things are going according to plan. I really didn't expect to have any customers the first week. I mean, people first have to find out I'm there AND they have to have gifts for me to wrap. If folks are anything like me, they won't start shopping until the weekend of the 5th or better yet, the 13th and probably continue shopping through the following weekend. And hey, I figure any of the supplies I don't use at the shop, I'm sure to use on my own stuff. So it's a WIN-WIN!

Anyway, I managed to get a few rather crappy pics of the shop and tried to capture the quaintness that is Main St.

Meet Duke, he's the greeter at the frame shop and has his own painted window dog house for keeping watch over the action on the street.

This is a shot looking up Main St. toward the court house and all the lawyer & bail bonds offices. 'Cause you never know when you're going to need a good lawyer or bail bondsman for that matter.

This is the view down Main St... Like the way I managed to get that big traffic sign in the pic? It's all about setting up the shot. I used to work the next block down at Art Space on Main.

But this is where I'm 'working' until the end of the month. I have to put air quotes above the word 'Work' because seriously, I'm having SO MUCH FUN!

So if you see the sandwhich board (compliments of my handy husband) I'm open for business and ready to wrap!


"I came in the door, I said it before
I never let the mic magnetize me no more
But it's biting me, fighting me, inviting me to rhyme;
I can't hold it back, I'm looking for the line."

Uh *cough*, sorry 'bout that... That's WRAP as in Gift Wrap... I promise I won't be puttin' down any rhymes at the shop... Just the fact I've added rapping to this post is going to be plenty embarrassing for my kids.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

If you were within 4 hours of Seattle I would SO BE THERE with all my gifts for you to wrap.

How 'bout a franchise out West?

10:30 PM, December 08, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

the painted dog house and resident are awfully cute. i'm so glad you're having such a great time with this. :)

8:52 AM, December 09, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Oh Katy, distances are such a sorrowful thing. :-(

But I'll get the board of trustees together and start working on that franchise idea. :-)

8:52 AM, December 09, 2008  
Blogger Chris said...

Cute place but you stole my comment idea at the end with your wrap rap. Now I have to come up with something else.....

"sandwich board" and wraps? nah, too food related. Oh well.

But I am glad you are having such a great time at work.

11:09 AM, December 09, 2008  
Blogger Carrie said...

CONGRATS on your first Sale!! I can't wait to come and see the shop. What time will you be there Monday morning the 15th? Also, how did Sarah's pictures turn out? Do you want me to come and get the CD?

8:15 PM, December 09, 2008  
Blogger paedstar said...

You are hilarious!!! I love it!!!!

8:00 AM, December 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home