Friday, December 05, 2008

Um, I think you've got the wrong number.

The other night my cell phone rang, while I was visiting with our dinner guests. I answered the phone and this is what I heard:

"Mi shi, konnichi wa.... Ogenki desu ka?"

Every time I tried to ask a question the replies sounded something like this:
My name is Yamada

and this:
What is your name

and eventually this:
I'm sorry

I asked:
"I think you have the wrong number, what number are you trying to reach?"

At last I heard something I DID understand:
"So sorry, don't speak English."

To which I responded with this helpful phrase:
"Oh, That's okay!"

After I hung up, I looked at the number calling in... It looked something like this:
#862061282611

I've had wrong numbers call in before but that's what I call REALLY long distance.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home