Wednesday, November 12, 2008

But it's not even Thanksgiving yet!

Remember that Festival of Trees thing I blogged about last week?

I haven't been blogging much because I've been busy decorating Christmas trees...
But we haven't even made it to Thanksgiving yet you say?

Well, the world of Main Street promotional holiday retail begins this Friday... And I'm here to tell ya, it's been a busy week and it's only/already Wednesday!

So far I've decorated 2 trees, twice each. I had to decorate each tree once at home in order to insure I had enough ornaments for each tree. The Paper Treehouse tree, which I created to promote my card business, is made up almost entirely of handmade ornaments. I say almost because even though I've been working on creating ornaments (in my spare time) since September, I didn't have exactly enough to cover a 6 1/2 ft. tree... So yes, you'll see a few Wal-Mart trinkets hanging from the boughs of my creation. I'm all about complete honesty here folks.

Anywho, in case you weren't countin it's only November 12th and I've, in a sense, decorated 4 Christmas trees already... That, and I'm also heading the committee of exactly 3 people (including me) to get several of the shop windows on Main St. decorated for the holidays.

Tomorrow is another day of doing my part to grace this little corner of the world with some sparkly holiday wonderfulness. I'll try to get some pics of the shop windows but 'til then here are some shots of the trees I've decorated and re-decorated... But fortunately won't have to take down and put away because these trees are going up for auction!

Here's the topper for the Paper Treehouse tree
*wrapping that octagonal box was a logistical nightmare!

This is the topper I created for a tree designed for one of the retail shops on Main Street
*It might of been better if the bells didn't sit on top of the box, they're supposed to dangle.

Here's a sampling of some of the ornaments I've been working on for the past month or two.




And here are the results in my very messy living room which I haven't had time to clean.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger paedstar said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Your phone is gonna be ringing off the hook after everyone sees that!!!

7:35 AM, November 13, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

those are really lovely. the ornaments you made are terrific. going to share any instructions with us? pretty please?

2:13 PM, November 13, 2008  
Blogger WheresMyAngels said...

Those ornaments are adorable. Last night I decorated the fake tree on our porch!! lol

12:33 AM, November 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home