Friday, November 14, 2008

Complete & Utter Indecision...

Okay, here's the thing...

There's this little shop on Main St. It's really cute, a large room, 2 bay window seats look out right onto the street. I was asked to decorate the windows for a group of artisans that would be moving in to sell their wares during the month of December. You see, the shop has been empty for quite a while and the owner offered rent to the Alliance for a mere $400 for the month... Better some money than none at all, I guess.

Anyway, there were a few people interested in renting the shop at $100 a piece. In order to cover the rent, the Alliance paid up front. However, only one artisan has come through. He's happy to pay his portion of the rent, problem is he just doesn't have people to cover hours at the shop. More artisans are really needed to make this work.

Here's where I come in. Because of the help I've given the Alliance this week, I've been offered a share in the shop for NO DOLLARS! Completely FREE! My problem?... I'm not sure I have enough items to sell. I DO have several cards but people don't tend to 'Card Shop' (Thank-you, Anniversary, Happy Birthday, Welcome Baby) when they're searching for Christmas gifts. I have a few framed pieces but surely not enough to put into a shop. The other problem is there's no real semblance of the framed pieces I have. I'm kind of a theme oriented person. I'd hate for the place to look like a mish-mash of junk.... And ultimately, I'm afraid I'll be tied down to the place during the busiest month of the year, just so a warm body is present so people can browse. On the other hand it's an opportunity and it's FREE!

I have a difficult time just trying to decide what brand of toothpaste to buy... Decisions like this leave me completely paralyzed.

WAIT!!! I think I've come up with an idea!!!
Oh, thanks so much for listening!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

UM...DO IT! It is FREE! Put everything and anything you have out there and be proud!! You will do great!! It is FREE!! YOU HAVE TO DO IT! I can't wait to hear how it goes!!

4:52 PM, November 14, 2008  
Blogger Nik said...

So glad I could help. LOL

Good luck with your decision!

2:14 AM, November 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dooooo it.

I have kind of an idea - I bought, recently, a boxed assortment of cards, cards I can use when I need a card and OOPS - no cards. I think an assortment like that would make a terrific gift.

Just saying.

And do it. Zero dollars. There is no reason not to

8:39 AM, November 15, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

what an exciting opportunity. you're worth it! can't wait to hear your solution. does it involve a hands on "commerce" course for your kids? heheheh

8:50 AM, November 15, 2008  
Blogger paedstar said...

so what's your idea???

7:12 PM, November 16, 2008  
Blogger Whiskeymarie said...

Just do it, silly. You'll figure the rest out as you go.

DO IT!

(Oh, and hi. Sorry to have been m.i.a.)

8:02 PM, November 16, 2008  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

Well, I can't wait to hear what you decided on. Pics please!

and Yay for this wonderful opportunity! How cool is THAT!

Stacie

1:27 PM, November 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home