Friday, January 02, 2009

Overly Resolved

So my husband asked me this morning if I had made any resolutions. I said, "Yes, two of them in fact. "
  1. To Get Healthy
  2. To Get Organized
And then I thought for a moment.... "Oh, and I want to be more creative."

A few hours later I said, "And I want to finally get our bedroom and bathroom painted."

And awhile after that I said, "The laundry room too... I really want to get shelves put up in the laundry room."

And a little later I said, "I want to try some new things in the kitchen."
(FOOD People, FOOD! New dishes, I want to cook like Lime and Wiskeymarie... Get your minds out of the gutter!)

After that I began thinking to myself, "I really want to spend more time reading some of the books on my 'To Read' list."

And as I sit here, it occurs to me that I'd like to get all my 'Quicken' info updated...


Yeah, but Weight-loss, Organization, Art, Home Decor, Cooking, Reading
AND Being financially responsible seems WAaaaaY over the top!

So I asked my husband if HE had any resolutions. His reply, "Yes, I'm thinking I'd like to set aside a period of time for myself each day to do some sort of project... but I haven't decided what that project is going to be quite yet."

*crickets chirping*

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

If he needs a project, I happen to know of a laundry room that needs some shelves.

6:11 AM, January 03, 2009  
Blogger lime said...

well shucks i am blushing....

and since you are over resolved i will restore balance and order to the universe by not making any resolutions. ;)

8:11 AM, January 03, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like your the creative one in the pair and he's the action man. I say you tell him what to do, and then let him do it. It could work sometimes, I think.

3:10 PM, January 03, 2009  
Blogger mike said...

I have said this before, but resolutions are like drunk driving. It sounds like a good idea at the time, but you are lucky if it works out well. I don't need a calender to tell me I need to improve some shit.

Happy New Year, though!

3:26 PM, January 04, 2009  
Blogger EmBee said...

My thoughts EXACTLY Chris... And hey, how come I can't access your blog through your profile page?

Hey Lime, believe me... what few changes I end up making won't be setting the universe askew anytime soon.

Hi Laura, he's pretty good about doing what I tell him to but 'Action Man' he is not.

Actually Mike, for me it takes something like a calendar to get me to take some action. It's much easier for me to say, "I'll start that big project on Monday." than it is to say, "I'll start that big project right now." I'd compare it to a sprinter waiting for the gun to go off. There's some mental prep-work involved before I can give it all I've got. Whereas driving drunk doesn't involve mental prep-work, just stupidity and you're right, you're lucky if it works out well.

Say, did you find your beloved hat yet?
:-)

8:39 PM, January 04, 2009  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

maybe he needs to take on the laundry room, and the painting of the bathroom and bedroom? That would free up time for you to get creative in the kitchen (see how I combined creativity and kitchen? Mutitasking Baby, that's where it's at!) LOL...
Stacie

1:20 PM, January 09, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home