Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Moderately Motivated

So I woke up this morning, took a shower and looked 'REALLY LOOKED' at my bathroom. Then I walked into my closet and looked 'REALLY LOOKED' at the mess that is my/our closet. Then I looked around my bedroom 'REALLY LOOKED' and you know what? I came to the conclusion that I just can't stand the clutter that is my life. It's not so much messy (my closet excluded) as it is just overloaded with stuff. Our house, while having a fair amount of square footage, is severely lacking ample storage space. Since this is the season for boasting Resolution and Change, let me lay it on the line... I'm making a solemn vow to all you inter-net-ers (like you care), that I have resolved to de-clutter my life... It's a new era. Next year someone is going to ask me where something is and I'm gonna KNOW exactly WHERE THAT THING IS!

Oh, and did I mention I'm also going to walk twice a day and get back on that low carb program which helped me lose all that weight a couple years ago? After my holiday purge, that is.

I'm pretty serious about all this folks and you know how you can tell? Because I'm sitting here on my ass writing about it, instead of ACTUALLY doing something. Yeah, that's motivation for ya.


Update: I put away the old coffee pot, set up the new one and cleaned the grime off the top of the fridge... Woo hoo! I'm really on a roll now eh?

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

There must be something in the water, I'm on the same kick. The kids and I have been cleaning like crazy and I have so many boxes and bags of stuff to give away that husband asked me if we were moving.

Only if it's to a sunnier, warmer climate!

12:05 PM, December 30, 2008  
Blogger Whiskeymarie said...

I've been all about getting rid of the clutter for about 2 years now.

Best thing I ever did.

It will take a while- I regularly re-go through stuff I already went through, only to find more crap I can part with- but holy crap it feels good to have some space again.

Actually, I'm due for another purge...

8:25 PM, December 30, 2008  
Blogger lime said...

waving back to you from my own fat butt in front of my own computer.

9:39 AM, December 31, 2008  
Blogger Chris said...

Do me a favor and hit my house when you're done, will ya?

I'll do your exercise if you'll do my de-cluttering!

4:07 PM, December 31, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Katy, Together we will fill the aisles with crap at Goodwill's everywhere!
and be careful of those sunny, warmer climates... They're hotter n' hell during the summer months.

Hey WM, So I guess it will be you, me and Katy who will be keeping the Goodwill's wall stocked.

Lime, you can make your butt wave?... Impressive!

Chris, I would gladly de-clutter your home if you could find any way possible to exercise for me... That would be a perfect trade-off!

4:58 PM, December 31, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to get on that too! Forget the new year, new skinny resoultion this year--I'm going to be all about getting rid of the crap in my house! Wanna help?

Happy New Year!

8:56 AM, January 01, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home