Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Chipmunk Cheeks & Brace Face

The boy is doing fabulously! Though his cheeks puffed up to enormous proportions 24 hrs. after the removal of his wisdom teeth, he's now pretty much back to normal. AND I'm happy to report, he has developed a thicker skin thanks to all the chipmunk jokes he had to endure. Unfortunately I never decided which he resembled more... Chip or Dale... Oh well!

On the braces front... Well, they're still there and I'm finally at a point where I don't wake up every morning with the first thought that enters my head sounding something like this:
"SHIT! I have braces!... What the HELL was I thinking?"

I also confronted my worst braces fear, when the 14 yr. old daughter
(who also happens to have braces) of a friend of mine said, "YOU got braces?" with a squinched up face and a look like she'd just bitten into moldy cheese. Ironically, that same night I had a dream about my orthodontist being upset with me because I left a large antique cabinet in his waiting room. He wanted it removed because it was cluttering up the place.

Now, I know I'm really not an antique AND I'm also quite positive my orthodontist is thrilled with the extra five grand my mouth full of pain has allotted him, but apparently my subconscious likes to mess with me.


Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

Every time I tell the things to brush their teeth I think about our orthodontist's fabulous Tahiti vacation and new car that our bazillions of dollars is paying for. And the things wonder why I'm so CRANKY about toothbrushing time!

11:17 PM, March 31, 2009  
Blogger lime said...

i actually have two friends who are each in their 50s who got braces in the last couple of years. i think it's becoming more and more common among the post adolescent set.

7:06 AM, April 01, 2009  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

LOL...I'm glad you have a sense of humor! You always make me laugh. I'm glad the boy is starting to feel a bit better...I'm so not looking forward to mine getting his done...YIKES...I just KNOW he's not going to be a fun person for a few days..not that I blame him much...
Stacie

1:51 PM, April 01, 2009  
Blogger Chris said...

You made the right decision. My 20 y/o just got his off a year or so ago and he is SOOOOOOOO happy that he went through it, for the end result.

6:38 PM, April 01, 2009  
Blogger santamaker said...

Hey ya friend,
So glad to hear computer boy is sans his chipmunck makeover! I bet you are getting excited about this weekend! Safe journey and oh, come over to my blog, you are invited to a little something I threw together.

1:31 PM, April 02, 2009  
Blogger EmBee said...

Katy, As an adult with braces I brush my teeth FAR more then I ever did as a kid with braces. I think it has something about the money coming out of my pocket... And that incredibly disgusting feeling of having food stuck all up in my braces.

Lime, Thanks so much for sharing that with me... It makes me feel not quite such an oddball.

Stacie, If I didn't laugh I'd probably cry and ya know, the whole wisdom teeth thing for the boy turned out to be pretty easy in the end.

Chris? You have a 20 y/o? Wait, I'm confused... Who's the boy in your pics? Were you a dad at age 15? *so confused*

Hey Rose, my psychic friend... Thanks SO much for the lovely virtual luncheon... Now I'm just waiting for the virtual food.
:-)

4:58 PM, April 02, 2009  
Blogger kiddiesandkitties said...

Hi Em, I keep trying to get a glimpse of your braces, but your mouth is always closed, and I'm always on my way out. I'm sure I'll catch u at the next Sketti. Have a fabulous weekend!

9:28 AM, April 03, 2009  
Blogger EmBee said...

Hey K&K, Sorry I missed you yesterday... If I'd known that's why you slowed up I totally would've flashed you my new grill!

LOL, don't I make having braces sound so cool? yeah right!

You have a fabulous weekend too!
:-)

10:49 AM, April 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home