Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Worth the Orgasm?

I'm helping out with our towns annual 'Fall Fest'... I've got another meeting today.

*hanging head in despair* Why?... Why?....... Why do I get involved in these things?


I say yes when I'm asked to attend a meeting, while at said meeting, I raise my hand or say I'll help do thus and such and then I go home and figuratively kick myself in the ass repeatedly until the next meeting when I do it all over again. Then I ultimately push my entire life aside to do shit I didn't want to do in the first place.

My friend Rose had the perfect analogy for this situation. She said, "Embe, it's like an orgasm. At the meeting they fill your head with all this, 'Oooo, you're SO talented and SO creative, we need you, we love you!'... It's the orgasm! Then you gotta spend your time giving birth to the project... Carrying it around in your womb, morning sickness, swollen ankles, general all-around discomfort and then, labor and delivery... That's the really HARD part. Ya know, it's really not worth the orgasm when you end up pregnant EVERY goddamn time!"


My friend Rose, she's such a freakin' philsopher.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

i like this rose. she is wise.

next time you go to a meeting take condoms.

8:59 AM, August 13, 2009  
Blogger Chris said...

Wait....if you get pregnant each and every time you have an orgasm then....
then....
I've only given Alexis one orgasm?

One?

Ever?

Crap. I don't like your statistics. Please tell me you failed statistics.

7:53 PM, August 14, 2009  
Blogger King of New York Hacks said...

Rose , the female Socrates..indeed!!

10:36 PM, August 14, 2009  
Blogger EmBee said...

Lime, Good Idea, but exactly who has to wear them?
<:-(

Chris, Have you ever seen 'When Harry Met Sally'?' There's a deli scene which might interest you.
>:-)

Well said King!
:-)

8:41 AM, August 15, 2009  
Blogger santamaker said...

Awwww...chucks.....thanks so much for spreading my deepest insights out to the people! Love ya.

7:13 AM, August 18, 2009  
Blogger Katy said...

O.M.G. That is EXACTLY what it is like! I do the same freaking thing at PTO meetings.

Condoms, I need to stock up on condoms for these meetings. Thanks for the idea lime!!!

8:47 AM, August 18, 2009  
Blogger Whiskeymarie said...

I feel this way about my job right now, Rose put it perfectly.

3:06 PM, August 18, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home