Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Driving to the Walking Park

Sounds a bit insane, I know... But yes, our family has taken to driving 5 miles up the road so we can walk. But why not walk in your own neighborhood? Meh! Been there, done that. It's just so much of the same ol' same ol'. Whereas the 'Walking Park' is 300 acres of parkland. It has a nicely paved trail that winds for just under 3 miles around trees, marsh, basketball and tennis courts and a playground for the younger set. There's an area called the 'Freedom Trail' that winds through the woods which I find very pleasant. It's difficult to walk in the woods around our neighborhood because they're part of the golf course and unless I want to risk having my skull caved in by some Moe who fancies himself the next Tiger Woods, the only time I can walk the course is long after the sun has set. So, the Walking Park it is.

The park is brand spankin' new and in some areas, still a work in progress. It can get pretty crowded but that's the fun of going there. There are all walks of life and all shapes and sizes. It's nice to see people doing something good for themselves and it feels nice to be doing something good for me.... But driving somewhere so you can walk?... Crazy, I know.


Here's a pic of the trail I found online but when we head out for our walk tonight (and I know we will) I'll try to capture something a bit more interesting with my camera.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

i know the feeling. i am sick to death of the same mile and a half loop in my neighborhood and my only choice is to drive somewhere to walk unless i want to take the chance of being run over. my new little hiding place i posted about is walking distance but it's not really a place i am supposed to be..ssshh...

7:03 PM, July 07, 2009  
Blogger Whiskeymarie said...

I get sick of my same walks, so I have been known to drive to different neighborhoods just to go for a walk. I don't think it's weird at all.
You can only peek in the windows of the same houses for so long before people start to notice.
;)

11:23 AM, July 08, 2009  
Blogger EmBee said...

Lime, I won't tell... Promise!

Whiskey, So True!... And I think that lady on my next block was getting ready to call the police.
;-)

12:30 PM, July 08, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home