Friday, July 03, 2009

The Sweet Taste of Lime

What's that you say? Lime isn't sweet, it's sour? Not the Lime I'm referring to. I'm talking about Lime as in Michelle from House of Lime. Whilst heading south for a trip to the beach, Michelle stopped by the ol' treehouse for a visit and I can attest to the fact she's anything but sour. No, she's bright, sweet, tangy and a real pleasure to be with. I'd say she's a bit of a tart but that's just me trying to be funny.

Anyhow, it's an interesting thing when bloggers meet. I had the opportunity to meet 'Lime' face-to-face last summer. We had a lovely lunch at a nearby eatery where it would be safe for either of us to make a hasty exit should they find themselves face to face with crazy. Fortunately, Lime wasn't just normal, she was lovely, fun to be around, good natured and best of all, neglected to detect the crazy in me... Which is odd, because by my account, I didn't do a very good job of hiding it. So imagine my surprise when she contacted me last week to let me know she'd be passing through town again.

So Wednesday night, two bloggers came together once again but this time Lime got to meet the whole family for dinner at the actual 'Treehouse'. Since my husband wasn't sure what to expect, unbeknownst to me, he logged on to my computer, found my blog roll and spent some time familiarizing himself with 'The House of Lime.' Which added quite an element of surprise to our dinner conversation.

Fun huh? Bloggers getting together for an actual face to face. Or as Lime's daughter like's to refer to us 'Freaks in a Box' makin' it real... Even more fun is when blogger friends bear gifts.

Look! She gifted each family member with a pair of tie-dyed tube socks... Now THAT'S a really special splash of Lime!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

LMAO off about the "crazy".

We have Brandi of Brandi's Excess Baggage visit when she has layovers in Knoxville, but that's the only blogger we've met face to face.

Glad you guys had a great time (and stylish feet!).

6:50 AM, July 04, 2009  
Blogger lime said...

the pleasure was all mine. it was a total delight to meet the entire treehouse clan. each one of you made the evening so much fun in your own way. it was comfortable and hilarious in the best way! thanks so much for receiving me in such a lovely way.

4:34 PM, July 05, 2009  
Blogger Mona said...

Of course she is so sweet!

Aren't those socks awesome ;)

5:27 PM, July 06, 2009  
Blogger EmBee said...

Chris, I guess we all encompass at least a little piece of the 'crazy.'

Lime, the pleasure was also ours.

Mona, Yes she is and yes they are... Thanks for stopping by.
:-)

5:04 PM, July 07, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home