Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I'm Gonna Make Myself A Hat!

Don't you just love the holidays?

Does the idea of shopping downtown on a quaint little Main street somewhere warm your cockles (cockles?)

How about picturing that Main street filled with holiday charm, each window aglow with sparkling lights and magical holiday goodness?Yeah? Me too! Somehow, because I too cling to this 'vision', you're now reading the ramblings of the Design Committee Chairman for my little home town. The committee, I should add, currently consists of.... wait for it.... wait for it.....

Moi! and.... wait for it........ wait for it.......

That's it! Just Moi!... Me.... Me, Myself and I... And no, that doesn't count as 3 people, it's still just one. ONE, an indivisible number... I am a rock, I am an Iiiii-land.

Today I have sealed my fate as the town idiot...............*pause*
......... You know, I'd like to take a moment here and exclaim that as 'The New Town Idiot', I'm going to make myself a tri-corner paper hat and inscribe on it, with a black sharpie, in a curly serify font, in HUGE CAPITALIZED LETTERS, with a giant arrow pointing straight down... TOWN IDIOT!

Or maybe this one will do:
So, what was I saying? Oh yes, Today I sealed my fate by addressing a gathering of town merchants to implore them to allow ME to 'help' them decorate their shop windows for the holidays... Thereby insuring either my vision of holiday goodness will be fulfilled OR My family will have me donning and cinching up a straight jacket festooned with sparkly, SPARKLY, garland...

I'll keep you posted.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nature Girl said...

WOW! You are a brave brave brave woman! I'm not really sure what else to say...

5:43 PM, October 14, 2009  
Blogger santamaker said...

NO YOU DIDN'T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6:36 AM, October 15, 2009  
Blogger Carrie said...

Me Thinks Computer Boy didn't do his job...??? wasn't he supposed to keep you from volunteering for things!! And you then bought him Burger King!? Only a Mother :) Good Luck!! We will def be strolling through town to check out your handy work!

7:41 AM, October 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home