Monday, October 12, 2009

Party for one... Your table is ready.

The whole orthodontia thing is moving along rather quickly. That space I had between my two front teeth, since I was like 7? It's gone now, likewise for that tooth on the bottom row which was beginning to take up residence 'behind' all of my other bottom teeth... Can I just say how amazed I am by that miracle of orthodontic engineering?

So my hygienist asks me the other day, "How long did your orthodontist say it would be until you got your braces off?" I told her he had predicted 20 months. She said, "Well maybe it's like when you go to a restaurant and the hostess tells you it's going to be a 40 minute wait but then calls to seat you after only 10 minutes."

I've got another appointment coming up in a couple of weeks and I intend to use that exact analogy with my orthodontist when I ask him if, per chance, I'm ahead of schedule. It looks like I'm heading out to California for another visit in May and I can't think of anything more awesome than to make that trips sans braces (well that AND a 30 lb. weight loss 'cause if you're going to dream, DREAM BIG, or in this case, dream small.) 14 months vs. 20 months? C'mon, it could happen!... Couldn't it?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home