Friday, October 16, 2009

The Party's Over

Hey All, thanks for the birthday wishes...

I had a lovely day, at the start of which, Nature Girl made me a surprise breakfast... Believe me, there are precious FEW things in this world MORE surprising than Nature Girl in the kitchen! That girl can cook up a mean egg & cheese on an perfectly toasted English muffin, Ill tell you... Topped off with apple slices and a hot cup of chai tea... My belly was happy for hours.

'Computer Boy' in all of his computery goodness got me an adapter for my van so I can now play my 'Kick-Ass-I-pod Shuffle' music wherever I go... Gone are the day of mixed cd's... I now have almost every tune I could ever want whenever I want it... I say ALMOST because my husband gave me an i-tune gift card, so any desired tune I don't already have, I will acquire very soon (once I can figure out how this whole i-tunes thing works... I know, I'm SO old!)

So I didn't get the 47" flat panel screen tv I wanted for above the fireplace (spoiled much?) but I did have a lovely birthday celebration with family and friends. My friend Lori made what shall now and forever be known as my favorite birthday cake... A double chocolate cheesecake! When I took the first bite the words, "Oh sweet mystery of life at last I found you!" swirled around in my head... Come to think of it, there's large chunk of that cake sitting in my fridge right now and it's calling my name...

What? There are NO calories in birthday cake!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

woohoo1 sounds like some pretty thoughtful gifts from yoru family. as for the cake i agree, there are no calories in birthday cake when it's yours.

2:55 PM, October 24, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home