Tuesday, May 30, 2006

What happened to Spring?

I'm really not one for extremes... Extreme Sports, Extreme Make-Overs, Extreme Cold and I'm really not good with Extreme Heat!

Where did my Spring go? One day I'm out mowing the lawn in 65 degree weather and the next I'm complaining that the switch for my air conditioner must be faulty because the upstairs bedrooms feel like saunas. My husband set the thermostat at 78 degrees... 78 degrees? Why even bother turning ON the air-conditioner? Why don't I just fill the upstairs bath with cool water, set a tub of ice next to it for chilled drinks and have an indoor jacuzzi party? (He's not going to appreciate that I wrote that... sorry hon!)

I'm grouchy this morning because I was so hot last night that I found it hard to sleep comfortably. It doesn't help that we have a pillow top mattress that has the nasty habit of storing body heat and radiating it all back at you throughout the night.

Today the temperature is supposed to climb to 90 degrees... I think I'll spend my day hunkered down in the cool basement... Either that or invite some friends over for a master bath jacuzzi party.


UPDATE: 2:30pm EST
I take back what I said... After standing in a hot parking lot, loading and unloading groceries in 97 degree heat... A thermostat set at 78 degrees feels like a cool dip in a fresh mountain stream... ahhhhh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home