Thursday, July 20, 2006

Guest Bedroom

For the past 4 days I've planned to clean out the guest bedroom which has become a 'catch-all' for EVERY 'orphaned' item in the house. TODAY!!! Today was going to be THE day that I finally quite dragging my feet/butt around and stepped up to the plate and got it DONE!

I woke at 6:00... Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed (well, as bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as I can get anyway) I walked my required 2 miles... Came home and didn't even glance at the stairway leading to my computer but immediately headed for the shower... Dressed and walked down the hall to awaken my daughter for summer camp. She wasn't having any of the early rise and shower idea that she had promised me the night before. The longer I sat and chatted with her sleepy little head... The more enticing her bed became - It was 7:45... Finally I said, "Move over, you just look far too comfortable for me to sit here and watch you." She quickly obliged because she loves cuddle time with Mom. So I rested my head and breathed a huge sigh and....

I know you're thinking that I fell back asleep... Right?... I KNOW that's what you're thinking!

BUT NO!!!

The phone rang almost immediately after my head hit the pillow... It was my friend 'M' asking me if I'd received her e-mail reminder about our meeting in North Wilmington this morning... CRAP!!! I had COMPLETELY forgotten about that! She said, "Can you meet me at the school at 8:15?" "SURE, I'll see you shortly!" I said. Make-up, Cup O' Tea, 2 Cereal Bars and a blood sugar check... Plus, a sleepy-faced daughter in tow and I was out the door.

It's 1:00pm, I just got back home and am resting for a few minutes before I have to take my son to the Orthodontist. Back home I'll need to make cookies for a meeting this evening and I'm really not sure at all WHEN dinner is gonna get made?

I'm pretty sure that Guest Bedroom isn't going to see any action today... DAMN! And I was so geared up and ready for it!

2 Comments:

Blogger (M)ary said...

well, u were busy....so i can see why the guest bedroom didn't get cleaned!

the best motivation for me to clean a guest bedroom: invite someone over! otherwise, i will procrastinate. and i have to invite someone who i think cares about cleanliness...

so there, sounds like you need a judgemental house guest!

7:20 PM, July 20, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

I don't think she's judgemental, but she's never seen my house and she's coming next Friday... I've got a whole week of procrastinating to do... I'm guessing I'll have it ready around 11:45pm next Thursday.
(:^o

9:17 PM, July 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home