Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Groundhog Day

Weather wise, yesterday was the closest thing we've seen to spring in what has seemed an eternity. Ahhhhh Spring, you could just smell it and feel it in the air. There were kids out riding their bikes, folks walking down the sidewalk visiting with one another. We all resembled those pesky critters the groundhog as we each slowly opened our doors to stick our noses out and see if the weather had in fact made a change for the better.

Last night after dinner my husband looked at me and said, "Want to go for a walk?" I cheerfully replied, "Yes!" Well knowing that my hips and expanding wasteline could use the extra exercise. As we started out my husband made the observation that it was important we get outside "Or else Spring is going to think nobody really cares and decide to go back into hiding." Heaven knows I wouldn't want Spring to get that impression so I'm considering putting on shorts and mowing the lawn today, while I sip lemonade... And if our lawn didn't look exactly like a wet hay field after a harvest, I'd do exactly that! Well, except for the shorts because flabby, white & pastey might scare the neighbors back into their homes.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

feeling rather springish in these here parts too. yippee!

12:51 PM, March 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home