Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Big Girls on Escalators

Whilst visitng the National Aquarium in Baltimore today our party made its way toward the escalator which transports the visitors to the next floor of exhibits. Suspended above the escalator are several illuminated photographs of water, amphibians and sea life. As you ascend the sounds of what I suppose are mating frogs or some such creature which groans quite audibly greet you along the way... Just ahead of me on the escalator was an extremely large woman. I'll admit it was juvenile of me, but I couldn't help trying to supress giggles as the sounds of low gutteral groans and screeches, which seemed to eminate from the depths of the escalator motors echoed around us. I looked back behind me to find my girlfriend giggling also... Then it occurred to me, once the lady in front of me stepped off the escalator I was the fat woman at the top of the ramp for whom the escalator seemed to groan... Later, I embraced my largess with a highly caloric lunch at 'The Cheesecake Factory'... It's time we let the world know, 'Big Girls You Are Beautiful'!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

oh i sooo needed to hear that song! thank you, it put a huge smile on my face :)

9:19 AM, April 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home