Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Dr. Perfect

It's simply tragic for one to sit around staring at one's computer hoping for an item to come to mind for a blog entry... I tend to cheat by searching around for ideas. Maybe I should invest in 'Mighty Girl's book'... However, Lime saved me today with this subject -

Orthodontists
My son is thankfully past the orthodontia stage. He's on the other side now with a mouthful of beautiful straight teeth which would not have been possible without 'Dr. Perfect'... 'Dr. Perfect' can not be described in any other manner than 'Cheesy Game Show Host'... His hair could withstand an F-5 Hurricane... His tan is only comparable to George Hamilton and I swear when he smiles a brilliant sparkling star shines from his right cuspid and I hear the sound of a crystal champagne flute being tapped by a silver spoon. In a word... The guy REPULSES me! He's a glad-hander, a phoney and he drives a sporty little red Mercedes that I'm sure we made the down payment on. But dammit, he's a freakin' good orthodontist!

Next month my daughter will begin her foray into the wonderful world of braces. She's met 'Dr. Perfect' many times. Had an early appliance put in many years ago. Something most parents of kids with small palettes are familiar with, known as a 'Turtle'... She's met with 'Dr. Perfect' at least every 6 months for the past 6 yrs. only to be informed that her teeth just weren't ready yet... My daughter has a mouth full of teeth that are growing at a sloth like pace.

I'm so looking forward to the final result of my daughters orthodontia... Which if I'm patient will only take about 3 years. My daughter on the other hand would much prefer forgoing the whole experience for 3 yrs. of indulging in copious amounts of skittles and gummy worms... And much like me, 'Dr. Perfect' makes her want to gag... and that's BEFORE he puts his fingers near her mouth.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so understand the orthodontia game. My youngest was dentally retarded so didn't get her braces on til she was 14 and off at 16. Her 2 sons followed suit, having just gotten theirs off at 17 and 16. Grandchild #3 (Sara) got hers on 2 years ago and has another 18 months to go. Her ortho said she was the most challenging he's had. Permanent teeth missing, still losing teeth at 14, etc. Hers rang in at $6000, which I find appalling. Two more grandkids to go, neither of which will be spared the experience. It's worth it for a lot of different reasons.
Go Sarah.

8:46 PM, April 04, 2007  
Blogger lime said...

can you just imagine if doctor perfect and doctor excitement opened up a joint practice??? oh i think we'd have the makings for a sitcom or something!

8:52 AM, April 05, 2007  
Blogger EmBee said...

It's like this Linda, "Hmmmmm, European Cruise or straight teeth? Cruise or teeth? Damn crooked teeth!

You know Lime, I've got a brother-in-law who works at Fox... Maybe we could submit a script?

6:41 PM, April 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home