Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Communication

This morning my as daughter was putting together her lunch for school I overheard her humming a tune to herself. I immediately launched into singing a song that stuck in my head from the clock radio I'd heard earlier (Arms Race by, Fall-Out Boy.) My daughter heard me (of course) and said, "That's NOT the tune I was humming!" To which I replied, "No, but it's the tune I want to hum!" Her reply, ".....Nnnnnggghhhhhh!" And since I'm so incredibly mature I replied with, ".....NNNNGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!" This went on, back and forth, for the next several minutes with each of us replying in longer and louder "NNnnnnnnGGGGhHHHhhhssss"... Some of which included other syllables and consenants, like... "Nnnnnggggggyyyyyyooooooouuuuugggghhhhhhh!!!" Yes it was Me, the Mom, who continued this give and take of conversation all the way out of the kitchen, up the stairs, into my bedroom and bath until I finally stopped to brush my teeth.

I Love it when I can relate to my kids on a level we can both understand.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason Crabtree said...

Haha. Nice. I love it. Sometimes when the monkey whines I like to whine back. I think it helps them understand how they sound when they do it.

And yes, someday I will be a regular monthly customer at a nearby hotel. I think I might hit my mid-life crisis a little early. :-)

7:58 AM, May 17, 2007  
Blogger lime said...

it's all about entering into the madness isn't it? lol

11:00 AM, May 17, 2007  
Blogger EmBee said...

I neglected to mention that throughout our entire exchange we were both laughing... Hope I didn't give the impression that she was being a smart-ass... Well, actually I take that back... We were being smart-asses to eachother... But oh, the fun we had!

10:28 AM, May 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home