Friday, May 11, 2007

'Decent'

This morning I decided to dress up a little bit as we're heading out of town this evening... So I thought, I'll put on my wedding ring (which I don't wear much anymore due to the fact my hands are often fondling clay), some earrings and a necklace to complete my matching skort set. My daughter on the other hand decided to really get dressed up as there's a dance at school this evening. Have I mentioned that in the last say 20 minutes or so she's turned into a blonde bombshell? It's like one minute she had the body of a 12 yr. old and the next she sprouted incredible boobs and a curvaceous figure, which makes me weep for the days I used to have that shape. Yesterday she exited her room wearing a new pair of spandex style shorts and a fitted lycra v-neck t-shirt and I resisted the urge to stifle a scream... Oh my God, the HOTNESS! What happened to my little girl? I immediately moved to my sons bedroom door and said, "Good morning, I'm closing your door because you're sisters too hot for you to look at." Which made my daughter beam with pride. Later at breakfast he commented that everything appeared to be "Too tight on her." I said, "That's not tight, it's just fitted and she now has a body that quite simply "Fits into it." Mind you she was dressed quite tastefully. We went with the bicycle style shorts because she and I both agree that any short which only consists of a length only 2" from the crotch or LESS is FAR to short!

Anyway, back to ME and my dressiness. So, I dropped my kids off at school and my daughter always likes to hang back and sit in the car with me to say a long goodbye. As we were sitting there I told her, "You really look beautiful today!" She smiled brightly and said, "And you look decent." ???????????? I replied with, "Well, I was going for pretty good, but I'll settle for decent." She said, "Oh Mom, you know what I mean... You look beautiful, the problem is every time I tell you that you say, No I don't because... of this or that. Besides, Decent is a good word."

It is, I'll take it and in the future I'll try not to be so self-depricating.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

it is shocking when their figures bloom, isn't it. my girls pulled out my old prom gown and it fit them both perfectly. they were shocked. 'mom, you used to be thin like us????' um yes, i had your bodies and i want it back!

12:05 PM, May 12, 2007  
Blogger EmBee said...

Oh Lime... Don't you wish it was that easy? :-(

10:24 PM, May 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home