Saturday, May 19, 2007

Conditions

My daughter told me yesterday that one of her friends informed her a while back that "Because of our falling out...." (A speed bump they hit in their relationship a few years back).... My daughter, was going to have to work hard to make it up to her, IF they were ever to get back to where they were as friends.

Ummmmm? WHAT?

Friends often go through periods when they have mutual disagreements but never have I heard of one placing conditions on the other in such a manner. I hope my daughter doesn't feel like she has to cow-tow to this girl in order to win her approval as a friend of hers again.

So, we listened to some 'Mika' because his music is so cheerful... I think this was the perfect song for her to help the message hit home.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Boatwoman said...

Hi I stumbled across your blog, and found it interesting.
If I were your daughter, I would say to her so called friend. I am either an unconditional friend, or no friend at all. I have never heard of a real friend putting conditions on a friendship, how daft is that.

10:56 AM, May 19, 2007  
Blogger lime said...

some people have no concept of mercy and grace....it doesn't sound liek this is a friend your daughter needs to worry about trying to keep..

10:55 PM, May 19, 2007  
Blogger EmBee said...

Thanks for stopping by 'boatwoman'... I look forward to reading more of your blog, life on the water sounds lovely! As for my daughters 'friend?' I'm SO hoping she'll find the words to make her understand just what a cruel comment it was.

Hiya Lime, I agree, but like everything I think it's a growth experience for my daughter... To learn what it means to be a friend and keep a friend.

12:43 PM, May 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home