Friday, June 27, 2008

Rerun - When your husband reads your blog...

As promised here is the response my husband gave after reading the blog post I lazily reposted yesterday.

'Seeing Red'
My husband has been reading my blog... 5/16/06

Yesterday he threw his dark red sweatshirt over his shoulder and in his best 'Rainman' impersonation said, "Red, definitely Red... It goes in the 'Dark Color Bin'... definitely, definitely the 'Dark Color Bin."

I knew this 'blogging' thing was a good idea but I had no idea on how many levels.

Update: Yeah, the 'Rainman' thing worked for about a week... I'm still picking darks out of whites and lights out of darks... I don't think he's colorblind... Just incredibly clueless. I am however grateful he's not Jon. who left this comment:

"
I sort my laundry into two categories: "Stuff on the floor", and "Who am I kidding there's no other category"."

My deepest sympathies to Jon's wife.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

rainman....your husband cracks me up. jon, yes, his wife needs our prayers. although this all suddenly makes me realize how easy my husband has it. i only require all dirties in a single basket. i sort it all by myself later on.

10:23 AM, June 27, 2008  
Blogger scargosun said...

Maybe wash his white socks with a red shirt on warm and then when he has to wear pink socks he'll remember to sort the laundry.

12:20 PM, June 27, 2008  
Blogger -Bridget said...

That's so cute. My husband reads my blog too. There have been some cute conversations that come out of it. He tries to play like he doesn't read it, I know he goes to check it every day. He's so sweet.

12:43 PM, June 27, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Lime, Perhaps it's better that way, alleviates a lot of frustration.

Scargosun, You know, I'm just so anal I couldn't do it because I feel it would somehow reflect poorly on me as a housewife (ugh, hate that term!) to those who don't know the situation.

Bridget, Yep, I think my husband tries to pretend he doesn't read my blog but in fact does... most of the time.

2:00 PM, June 27, 2008  
Blogger Crazy Momma said...

I love this! My hubby does not read my blog...I am so lucky :)

There are few thing that I complain about when my husband does laundry (because, lets face it, I am pretty stinking lucky if my husband is doing laundry). However, why the heck can't he SEPARATE and WHY OH WHY must my UNDERWARE be washed with his smelly jeans in COLD water? I understand he wants to conserve energy but my panties get put in places that I REALLY want washed in hot...am I asking too much?

8:57 PM, June 27, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOl..husbands just don't get it..I make it easy...Light and Dark...at our old house it was in the Main bathroom, 3 ft from the toilet...so dh would "toss" his undies into it...missing it most of the time..I called him up once to show him a tape measure measuring that he was only 3" away from the goal...it's a fight NOT worth fighting...

9:35 AM, June 29, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Dawn... LOL! Perhaps if you'd played into the idea of what a lousy athlete he was for not being able to make that short of a basket, might've worked.

10:25 AM, June 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home