Thursday, June 26, 2008

Shopping Plans & Reruns...

Today I'm off to the land of Swedish Furniture with names impossible to pronounce... That's right, IKEA. I'm picking up a kid size table & chairs for the office space. It's a 'Family Law' practice so a little spot where the kids can escape to color or play, if they've been dragged along to witness their parents trash each other (sorry, flashback to my youth), I mean, while their parents work out the details of their divorce, seems a lovely addition to the room, ya think?

While I'm away, here's a rerun of an old post... Tomorrow I'll post my husbands response after reading this:


Catch up not Catsup!


I think I've finally found the bottom of all the dirty clothes bins in the house. I guess I'm kind of OCD when it comes to laundry bins. Let me explain... There's a bin/hamper in each room... There's a Deluxe hamper in the master bedroom... By 'Deluxe' I mean it has 3 separate bins, one for 'Whites'... one for 'Light Color Clothes'... and one for 'Dark Color Clothes'... It's very simple really and Oh, so organized!


If you're like me and organized laundry really makes your day complete than I'm sure you can relate when I tell you the following story:

Yesterday I was on my 3rd or 4th load of laundry when I went to fill my laundry basket with the clothes from the 'Light Colored Bin'... I had just loaded the 3rd and last load of 'Dark Colors' into the dryer (there were a damn lot of jeans!) It's stupid but I take such pleasure in seeing a completely empty 'Bin' it's because I know that part of the job is complete and I can prove it. SO, imagine my horror as I lifted the 'Light Colored Clothes' from their bin and found that my husband had included his BRIGHT RED POLO SHIRT to the LIGHT COLORED CLOTHES!!! He was working from home yesterday and it took all my willpower not to run down the hall to his office and smack him in the back of the head during his afternoon conference call. I can't tell you how many times I've made him stand next to me in front of the 'Deluxe Hamper' while I explained to him how the clothes are supposed to be sorted. I'm really not a very demanding wife... All I'm asking for is a little bit of assitance when it comes to sorting laundry... 3 bins, all together in a row... It's NOT THAT DIFFICULT!!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

I sort my laundry into two categories: "Stuff on the floor", and "Who am I kidding there's no other category".

10:00 AM, June 26, 2008  
Blogger EmBee said...

Thanks for that Jon, you really set the bar for guys like my husband.

10:06 AM, June 26, 2008  
Blogger scargosun said...

Light and dark. That's it.

7:18 PM, June 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand it either--how hard is it? I'd even be happy with the dirty clothes making their way into ANY hamper as opposed to the floor.

7:59 AM, June 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home