Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

My husband is working from home today.

The majority of
my morning was spent picking up the house and knocking out a general To-Do List. While I was in the middle of vacuuming he came downstairs and extended the offer to take me out to lunch. I looked at him and said, "Looking like this?" Sweeping my arms wide so he could get the full effect of my current state of beautification. I hadn't showered yet, was wearing an old pair of sweat pants and a ratty shirt. What was left of yesterday's make-up was barely clinging to my face and I still had my hair in the pony-tail I'd thrown it up in before bed last night. He replied with, "Yeah, you look HOT!" I know very well he didn't mean the Paris Hilton kind of Hot but rather the 'You've been working hard and seem to be breaking a sweat, kind of Hot. I stopped, thought for a moment about not having to make lunch and figured, "What the hell, it's Halloween, I'll go to lunch dressed as a maid."I think everyone I ran into was really impressed with the authenticity of my costume.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

i could have joined you.

oh and to catch up on the other posts. i am also a horro movie wimp. i watched the 6th sense with my husband right before bed. when it was over he turned off the lights and started upstairs. i yelled at him and told him he was staying downstairs until i was safely in bed with the covers over my head. only then was he allowed to turn out the lights.

8:04 AM, November 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I guess I could've gone as a maid too (never thought of that)...but wait, that wouldn't be a costume, would it? I'm with ya!

2:01 PM, November 03, 2008  
Blogger santamaker said...

Hey! Sounds like what I wore on Halloween.... come to think of it, what I wear everyday!
What a great hubby you got, I hope he didn't take you to McDonalds!

4:31 PM, November 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home