Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Departing Wisdom

Today my son had a consultation with an oral surgeon to schedule the removal of his wisdom teeth.

Despite the horrific memories I have etched deep in my brain, of my own nightmarish date with doom, I remained positive throughout the appointment and did my best not to share any horror stories. Details which I probably shouldn't go into here, because he might read this. I will however, share two words with you 'Dry Socket'

I've got to hand it to the kid. He doesn't seem too terribly worried about the whole thing... And now that I think about it, why should he be? After all, last year around this time he was in the hospital having his lung surgically scraped. Even after the percoset, he was still wincing in pain from the tube stuck in his rib cage, due to his persistent problems with the Spontaneous Pneumothorax.

So yeah, I guess getting four teeth pulled seems minimal when it comes to surgical procedures, but that didn't keep him from asking for the full offering of anesthesia options.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

I had my wisdom teeth out at 16 and the anesthesia was so effective I didn't even remember leaving the clinic. I woke up in my own bed all tucked in. Your son should ask for THAT kind of anesthesia!

Good luck to him!

12:33 AM, February 04, 2009  
Blogger EmBee said...

Hi Katy,
I think he did, in fact he think he asked for everything short of a sledgehammer to the back of the head.

Hope he weathers it as well as you did.
:-)

12:48 AM, February 04, 2009  
Blogger paedstar said...

i had a dry socket too. ouch.

7:03 AM, February 04, 2009  
Blogger Carrie said...

I had good ol dry socket TWICE - ah the memories...all I have to say is thank god they don't grow back!!!

7:05 AM, February 04, 2009  
Blogger lime said...

hahaha, it is a matter of perspective

9:58 AM, February 04, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home