Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Life Is A Lot Like My Tupperware Cabinet

Roughly a year ago I completely organized the cabinet in my kitchen I refer to as 'The Tupperware Cabinet'. This is the cabinet which holds all my storage containers for leftovers and a bunch of misc. plastic stuff.

A year ago, my Tupperware Cabinet was in a word, Beautiful... A completely organized creation. I had lids sorted by size in a slotted, re-purposed, plastic office sorter. I had bowls nested according to size and nestled in cake carriers... I'm telling you, it was organization at its finest!

Today, my Tupperware Cabinet is a mess! Items are tossed in and the door is quickly closed before anything can fall out on the floor. When I'm in search of a storage container, I go through the frustrating chore of searching through piles of plastic to find the right sized item. The search for a matching lid is like running the gauntlet on a Japanese game show... The Tupperware Cabinet is a deep corner cabinet and I'm telling you, one could get lost trying to reach into the back of the thing.

Now, I'm well aware the Tupperware Cabinet didn't become a mess overnight. These things happen over time... One unloads the dishwasher in a rush and rather then nest that large bowl under those smaller bowls, you just toss it on top. Eventually what you've got is Tupperware Jenga.

So I'm in the shower this morning, following my 3 mile walk and subsequent weigh in and I'm thinking to myself... "Self, you've let yourself go, just like that damn Tupperware Cabinet!" One second helping at a time, one bowl of ice cream before bed... It's just like resting the larger bowl on top of the smaller one or tossing that lid where it doesn't belong. The bitch of it is, I could spend 30 minutes and get the Tupperware Cabinet reorganized (and I plan to get to it this week) but it's gonna take a hell of a lot longer to reorganize this body... But I'm working on it. As of today, I've lost 5 lbs.

Here's a link to my I-pod song of the day... I don't know what the hell he's trying to say with these lyrics but it makes for a damn fine tune to pound out a walk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuEEvH_PAoc

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Tupperware Jenga. That is effin hilarious! 100% accurate too.

8:21 PM, August 25, 2009  
Blogger EmBee said...

Chris,
It's very similar to 'Trashcan Jenga'... You know when everyone keeps piling pieces onto the top of the trash can? Seems the one who's incapable of balancing the last pieces loses.
:-)

8:38 AM, August 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home