Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Season of Wretched Excess Draws to a Close

Before someone asks me, "When are you due?" I'm announcing TO-DAY that this is IT! My season of wretched excess has come to a close. I'm putting this out to the universe because I know if I keep something like this bottled up in my head, it's a lot easier for temptation to get the best of me and no one is the wiser... Except for that little nagging imp in my head and she's pretty easy to shut up with a bowl of chocolate ice cream.

SO, today I started a food diary... AGAIN*... And I'm about ready to head out to the store to purchase a new bathroom scale because the one we've got... that fancy digital gadget... it broke about a month after we got it. So I'll just blame all this extra girth on the bathroom scale.............. Nah, I know it's my fault. I know I haven't turned down an extra helping of well, ANYTHING, for the last several months.

Why now? Why today? Because last night as I sat down with a magazine and a generous helping of leftover chocolate cake, every damn article in the magazine was about weight management...
For instance: 'Conquer What You CRAVE'... 'The Mother Load - Sometimes it's hard to solve food issues until you untangle them from Mom issues'... 'Don't Eat Out (Without Reading This)'... And the most obnoxious of all, 'This Is What Happy Looks Like'.

With each bite of my cake I felt a little more guilty, like me sitting down with this magazine, and this portion of cake was in some way a cosmic bitch slap! Okay Universe, I get your point!

This morning I drove to the walking park along with our poor old dog Anna and with my i-pod ear buds firmly implanted in my skull, I drug poor Anna's ass over the nearly 3 mile track, heat, humidity and all. I'm like this the first day with anything... TOTALLY PUMPED! And if I'm not pumped tomorrow or the next day, or the next?... Well, too late, I already put it out to the Universe.

*4 years ago I kept a food diary and lost 30+ pounds. Writing down everything I ate really worked for me.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous LindaHH said...

Attagirl. I'm sure you will do it. But you know what kiddo, if you only lose ten pounds, it's still ten pounds. Be proud of your accomplishments and don't berate yourself for slipping. Besides, you could live in Jax where PETA put up a billboard entitled "Save the Whales" with the picture of a large woman in a bathingsuit. The way I feel about PETA right now, I'd like to kick their nasty little asses! That's just mean.

4:59 PM, August 19, 2009  
Blogger Chris said...

I have a food diary but it wouldn't help much. It's a journal of what I cook, what worked what would be better. It's got a lot of phrases like "Double the butter next time" and "Soooooo good deep fried!" ;)

Seriously, best of luck on your self improvement. I don't have the will power. I just double or triple my exercise!

6:03 PM, August 19, 2009  
Blogger Carrie said...

so how did day 2 go?? you out there walking now? Anna is going to get hooked and you won't have a chance to sit around when she is following you around the house waiting for her long walk :)

9:48 AM, August 20, 2009  
Blogger EmBee said...

Linda, thanks for the confidence and yeah, I've never liked PETA, all those bone thin chicks, with their little designer dogs and holier than thou attitudes... blech!

Chris, Your food diary sounds so much more interesting than mine but I'd probably gain weight just reading it.
:-)

Carrie, I consider yesterday as DAY 1! THE BEGINNING!!! It went splendidly thanks! Night 1, was a painful affair full of aches and pains from walking and being on my feet all day. As for Anna, she looks worse than I do today... Gimping along. When Sarah and I walked last night she didn't even bother getting up. Poor old gal.
I don't think I'll be running any marathons any time soon and Anna certainly isn't up to the task.

10:06 AM, August 20, 2009  
Blogger lime said...

it's so depressing sometimes. i recently topped out at a weight i didn't even reach when i was just ready to deliver a 9.5 lb baby.

12:04 PM, August 20, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home