Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day...


While I am one to milk a holiday in my honor for all it's worth my husband is quite the opposite. He's adopted the same ideals as his mom when it comes to both Mother's Day & Father's Day... That ideal is, Why should there be one special day in honor of your Mother or your Father... Why shouldn't they be celebrated EVERY day!

I quite agree with my Mother-in-laws way of thinking, which came about as she witnessed countless times through the years, the sons who would visit their mother to bring her flowers and take her out to lunch 'Just' because it was Mother's Day... Why didn't they do special things like that for their mothers any of the other 364 days out of the year. So this is the concept she raised her kids on.

Yes, I CAN and DO understand this way of thinking... However, if there's even ONE EXTRA day out of the year that I can get out of cooking and go out to eat... Then I'm darn well gonna celebrate that day for all it's worth!... And GIFTS, gifts are nice too!

Like I said before when it comes to Father's Day my husbands feelings are quite different from mine... "You want to send me golfing today just to make it special? Why don't you send me golfing EVERY day!" Hey, I WOULD do that, but as I like to tell my kids... "If EVERY day was Christmas it just wouldn't be fun anymore!"... My husband might disagree with that when it comes to golf... because no matter how good or bad he may be playing, it all comes down to the fact that it's GOLF and NOTHING is better than GOLF!!!

So here we are, Father's Day... Just another day. My husband is reading, I'm blogging and the kids are involved in their various artistic endeavors. We're headed off to a BBQ at our friends house later which will add a 'special' flavor to the day... But for now, everyone is happy and relaxing so I guess there really isn't much more a guy like my husband could ask for... Happy Every Day, Honey!
 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home