Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A 'Smoker' can quite Smoking... But an 'Eater' can't quit Eating!

There's NO chance in hell I'll be able to lose 20 lbs. by Christmas!!!

I'm looking at all of the EATING to be done from now until then...
1. Big Golf Tournament Weekend at the Blystone's - AKA 'Food Fest'
2. Halloween - C'mon folks, CANDY... Hello?
3. Thanksgiving - AKA 'Food Fest Part Deux'
4. Christmas - Holiday parties and goodies can fill up an entire month of fist to mouth good eats!

I'll try to be good... I'll keep in mind that when I over-indulge I feel like crap, both mentally and physically. I will keep up my daily 2 mile walk and occassional run. Maybe that way I can at least maintain what I've thus achieved.

You know what would be really nice though, a metabolism overhaul!... Yeah, one of those sporty kinds of metabolisms that no matter how much you eat, your body burns it off so quickly that you must always eat more... What I need is the 'Indy 500' of Metabolisms to get me through the next few months.

7 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

sigh....you and me both.

9:21 AM, October 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hear drinking green tea will speed up the metabolism!

10:22 PM, October 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hear drinking green tea will speed up the metabolism!

10:23 PM, October 11, 2006  
Blogger EmBee said...

Oh, I'm a tea drinker M... But it's probably the tasteless green variety that works the metabolism... I'm strictly a 'Lady or Earl Grey' gal... And in the british tradition I drink it with milk. To stay on the light side, I only use 1% and Splenda.

Sigh Lime, I guess we should just embrace our 'squishiness'.

7:05 AM, October 12, 2006  
Blogger Carrie said...

Tell me about it...yummy food...good thing is I don't have any of these food fest holidays at my house yet...so I just leave the bad food there. However I have been convinced by my girl friends that we are having the Christmas Party this year...eh. Keep up the walking and running it will definitely help. Also do some walk/run...b/c the intervals help keep up the metbolism longer, plus varying (sp?) the time and distance helps too! :) Keep up the hard work!

3:06 PM, October 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are right, it is the icky tasting green tea that speeds up the metabolism(surprise, surprise!!)

one of the ladies at work gets the bottled Snapple green tea and she likes the way it tastes. (they add flavors...)

the least offensive one i have found so far is the Lipton with honey. but even so, i choose my other tea and coffees over green tea most of the time!

5:03 PM, October 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't forget your birthday. That's got to be worthy of some dining pleasures, huh??
H.B.

4:10 PM, October 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home